Servicer Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 05:04 PM
bigred1001
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servicer Question

Hello,

I have the car having some various work done at a highly regarded service center(Munks Waterford MI). They seem to be very nice to work with, and work with a high level of detail. My question is, The price they charge for parts seems to be awfully high. Having sold high end appliances for 9+ years now, I am certainly not opposed to a business making a fair profit, but I feel funny for example, paying almost 400.00 for a water pump, when you can buy one online for just more than half that. I realize its hard to find a good, trustworthy servicer, but would it be rude to ask for any kind of discount for having roughly $5000.00 worth of work done?

Patrick
Old 06-26-2006, 08:40 PM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow! I'd talk to them about it.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:57 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

We have a couple of great servicers here in OKC. The prices they charge for parts differ greatly compared to finding budget parts depending on the parts needed. Some parts are very very competitive, some seem way overpriced.

When questioned you will typically find that those expensive parts are the ones that cheaper alternatives in their experience have been of an unreliable quality.

I recently had a new A/C compressor installed. The service guy at first ordered a cheaper alternative. Once the compresser arrived, he didn't like the looks of it, sent it back, and ordered a more expensive replacement.

The service around here is fairly competitive and they do their best to maintain a reputation of reliability and cost. They use cheaper rebuilt and even salvage parts where they can, but have no reluctance to only use new parts if reliability is at all an issue with the parts involved.

Quick Reply: Servicer Question