Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT: My Harley got stolen today!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 12:07 AM
ApexCars
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry OT: My Harley got stolen today!!!

I keep my customized '02 FLSTCI parked in an enclosed lot at my office because I haven't had room at home and I like to ride it to lunch or to run errands but still have a car available also. Anyway, Friday I noticed that one of the saddlebags had been opened. I looked inside and found that a pair of my riding glasses was gone, I also noticed that someone had stolen the oil filler cap. I went in and got the cover and put on it and planned to get a new oil cap and take it home this weekend and put it in the garage.

Well, Saturday was my youngest daughter's birthday party and sleepover so I was busy all day with that and then today we did stuff with her because it was her actual birthday. So I never got around to coming to get my bike till about an hour ago and it was gone! I can see the trail where they spilled the oil and then manuvered and/or carried it aound through the back walk thru gate and to a waiting truck or trailer.

It really pisses me off and I had just had the custom paint done and installed pipes and stuff this last fall. I doubt the police will be much help, but I can hope.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:24 AM
five-o
Instructor

why do you say you doubt the police will be much help? Report it ASAP which I'm sure you did, get it entered as stolen, and hopefully when a plate check is ran on the bike at some point it will re-surface (unless someone is hacking on it in a garage). We (LEO's) do try to find peoples stolen stuff and love catching those bastards in/on the vehicle. Have faith man, and hope you have good insurance. Sorry about the loss though.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:54 AM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

thats terrible dude; I really hope they catch they guys that did this and get you your bike back, good luck with getting everything sorted out and I hope everything turns out well
Old 06-26-2006, 01:04 AM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

That sucks! They had to be tweekers!
Old 06-26-2006, 01:54 AM
ApexCars
Pro

I doubt the police will be much help because there just isn't anything to work with and I assume that they will chop the bike not try to ride it. Nothing against LEO's, I just don't think they are gonna be able to do anything. I do have it insured but I don't know if I ever increased the coverage for the upgrades I made.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:54 AM
five-o
Instructor

I understand, and you are probably right. Hope you get it back.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:37 AM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

If the police in Ft Worth are anything like Houston, they won't even look for it. You'll get a call if it ever gets discovered, but it'll be through coincidence, not investigation. I've had friends get their cars stolen and seen them go through the process.

I wish I could offer sage advice. I hope the insurance co works with you. When my HD got torched they gave me a decent settlement.

Quick Reply: OT: My Harley got stolen today!!!