Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

928 guy looking for some boosted knowledge

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 12:58 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 600 Posts

So no more bogging/cutting out? I had this problem at 4k rpms - peak torque/cylinder pressure. Re-gapping helped, but the main fix was going to NGK BPR7ES plugs. Memorize that model. I never thought that a plug could make that much difference. I promise you your car will run better
Old 06-28-2006, 12:59 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Well........kinda. I'm using a narrow band gauge so accuracy is not all that great. Thing is, I was over running the fuel pump, over running the injectors and flooding the engine all at the same time!! How exciting.

So, the gauge was in the "green" and looked happy since it was not buried all the way down. There must have been gallons (ok, not that much) of unburnt fuel running down the exhaust. Good thing this car doesn't have a CAT.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:02 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,243 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
So no more bogging/cutting out? I had this problem at 4k rpms - peak torque/cylinder pressure. Re-gapping helped, but the main fix was going to NGK BPR7ES plugs. Memorize that model. I never thought that a plug could make that much difference. I promise you your car will run better
In any high HP boosted car, tighter gap and colder plugs should / will help. So with my car, I'm running BOSCH 7 for heat range. Stock is 8.

I'll look into those plugs, see how the heat range compares. Thing is, look at my avatar. #4 & #8 are under the intercooler - makes changing plugs a real PIA right now.

No more bogging, just violent wheel spin in first gear. 2:73 rear end with no posi will do that to yea. At 5lbs of boost, there was so much fuel being dumped, no, more liked poured from a fire hose into my cylinders the engine just couldn't do anything. What a learning experience this has been.

Quick Reply: 928 guy looking for some boosted knowledge