Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Timing Belt and Air conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 07:26 PM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah. Brilliant explanation; thanks.

-So you basically disable the stabilisor so that you're not 'fighting' it. -Otherwise the only way you'll ever get an adjustment to change speed is when you exceed the limits of the stabilisor's ability to 'correct' you... -Does that sound right?

If so, I think would it be possible for the idle to be set so far open that the stabilisor is basically 'shut off' as far as it can, therefore you rely on the A/C's additional mechanical load/drag to pull it within range? -If that's true then you might be able to get Todd's scenario without an actual leak... -or am I misunderstanding?

Keith
Old 07-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Dal Heger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by VWaddict
Ah. Brilliant explanation; thanks.

-So you basically disable the stabilisor so that you're not 'fighting' it. -Otherwise the only way you'll ever get an adjustment to change speed is when you exceed the limits of the stabilisor's ability to 'correct' you... -Does that sound right?

If so, I think would it be possible for the idle to be set so far open that the stabilisor is basically 'shut off' as far as it can, therefore you rely on the A/C's additional mechanical load/drag to pull it within range? -If that's true then you might be able to get Todd's scenario without an actual leak... -or am I misunderstanding?

Keith
You got it now.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:57 AM
VWaddict
Burning Brakes

Dal,

You explain things so well, -at least in a way that I grasp. Thanks for correcting me as well. -If you ever get your knowlege into pill/tablet form, sign me up for a month's prescription!

Keef

Quick Reply: Timing Belt and Air conditioning