Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

CYCLING VALVE BYPASS

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 03:22 PM
wilkinstan
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CYCLING VALVE BYPASS

I'm installing a manual boost controller and would like to bypass the cycling valve. I think that in order to do this I need to run the other end of the manual boost controller straight from the banjo bolt to the wastgate tube.(So I have read) But where Do I connect exactly to this wastgate tube? I'm not sure. It is a jungle under there of vaccum lines and pressure fittings. Does anyone have any pictures or good descriptions? Also what do I have to do with the cycling valve after bypassed? What do I have to plug? It is over there by the entrance to the intake manifold on the mechanic's RH side of engine? with a curved boot sticking out
of the top of it? I'm not sure. I did a thread search and was having problems understanding some of the info out there. If anyone has pics who has done this that would be awesome and greatly appreciated. Thank You.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:36 PM
Cory9584
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

run a hose from your banjo bolt to your mbc, then from your mbc to the top of the wastegate. Also make sure to plug the hole on the j boot that comes from the cv.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:55 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 184 Likes on 109 Posts

You'll find that most people here that run any kind of none OE boost control do a 'venturi delete' to simplify all those vac lines you mention. A search will give you all you need to know.
Old 06-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Ian's951
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This diagram on the paragon website might be helpful http://www.tech-session.com/kb/index..._v2&id=117&c=4
Old 06-22-2006, 09:10 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran a line from the side port of my TIAL to the bottom of my MBC. I am using an inline pro MBC. From there to the banjo bolt on the Hard pipe coming off the turbo. I zip tied the MBC to the old capped off hard Line leading to the cycling valve. It actually made a nice place to mount the MBC. I capped the line in the J boot going from the MAF to the turbo. Works for me.

IPSC

Quick Reply: CYCLING VALVE BYPASS