Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

tuning VR stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006 | 09:38 PM
ian kam
Racer

Default tuning VR stage 3

getting closer to having this car tuned. Still have alot of fuel at startup. Now at idle have about 10% ;oad deflection. I cant get it anylower. I was told that with the webcam the ECU sees the car under load and is throwing more fuel at it. For me to set the idle I must goto -30 on piggyback fuel in idle cell put jumper cable on to cancel the ISV and the cat idle great . Does this not seem excesive ? Is there anyway to tune the piggyback to understanding this is the idle point and tell the ECU to throw less fuel at idle. calibrate TPS with piggyback ??
Old 06-08-2006 | 09:40 PM
TRP951
Rennlist Member

is this a new vitesse stage 3, if you told john you mods it should be pretty on target. Also you might want to try john first as he made the software(chip) and knows the most about it.
Old 06-08-2006 | 09:42 PM
special tool
Banned

whooaahoho - you have got a MAJOR PROBLEM.
And I am the one qualiified to tell you!!

Let's hear more details
Old 06-08-2006 | 10:14 PM
Chris Prack
Drifting

Originally Posted by special tool
whooaahoho - you have got a MAJOR PROBLEM.
And I am the one qualiified to tell you!!

Let's hear more details

Well, there you have it. A qualified problem ID'er.
Old 06-08-2006 | 10:32 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ian, you can put -100 at idle with the same result. The Vout will never go below the "Min Fuel" value. It's in the "global settings --> Analog" screen. This will be the lowest value the DME will see..
Lower this value to about 0.3V or so (note where it is now).. Now go through the factory procedure of setting Idle speed/Screw...

Edit:
One more important test, before setting Idle.. Make sure the TPS is actually sending IDLE signal when at idle.. There is a factory procedure to test this as well.

Ian, I'll be away for a while starting this weekend. Will be back early July.. I will have a very limited internet access. If you can do the work tomorrow, I will be glad to assist you once you have the results.
Old 06-09-2006 | 12:54 AM
ian kam
Racer

i have taken it down to 0min and the same thing. -30 is ballpark Tomorrow I will get a number when the idle remains steady with jumper wire in place. I will see what the voltage output is when the new TPS is adjusted. John should the computer be reading load deflection of 10%. Before you leave i may get u to send a chip board out for my engine. It sth eonly thing that hasnt been replaced!!!
Old 06-09-2006 | 10:47 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ian, You are running the old software, still something isn't correct. Email me directly (I may not be checking the board) ALL the information: Injector size, fuel pressure, Analog Vin and Vout..
10% load deflection is fine (Max voltage is 5V, 10% is 0.5V not a problem).

Quick Reply: tuning VR stage 3