Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey 3" exhaust install

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 09:41 PM
mikebarton
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where can i buy the wheels you have? I cant find any wheels called modern wheels???
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 AM
Mello
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same exhaust. A muffler shop installed it for me. They welded the optional polished tip to the tailpipe. They cut the tailpipe before they put the tip on, or else the tailpipe would be floating around inside the polished tip. For the wastegate pipe, they cut an inch or two and reamed the male side to make it a tighter fit I guess. They used all the clamps that came with the exhaust. I don't think they guy had seen those before, but he really liked them. They sealed up perfectly using those little foil sticks that come with the clamps, and using an impact wrench until the clamps are completely closed.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Swedish Meatball
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Horray more problems.. Is it just me or wouldn't it be a lot easier if you'd recieve an instruction when you order the exhaust? Anyway - I recieved the hanger from porsche yesterday and today when I tried installing it was so off! As you can see in the picture there's several inches between the holes on the left side! Am I doing something wrong? I can't move the pipe more upwards because then the rear axle is in the way.. So it's as far up as I can move it, but still it needs to be higher to fit in the hanger.. I just wanted to know if I'm doing something wrong before I get the mounts welded more on top of the pipe..
Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2006, 11:23 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

USE THE STOCK HANGER!!!!! You will have to realy push it up and it won't seem like it will fit but it will. Get a bolt in one side and then wrestle the other side. The hager you bought is for the front not for the back. I have taken mine off and on 5 or 6 time and it is a pain but very doable. The rear hanger is strainght across not angled. Trust me use the original one on that spot and wrestle it up there. It will take you ten or fifteen minutes. If worse comes to worse use a jack and gently lift it up. DO NOT PUT MUCH PRESSURE ON IT with the jack or it will bend. If you need a picture PM me and I will run out and snap one on the car. Good luck and it will be worth it once it is up.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:23 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like you have to spin the exhaust hanger 180deg.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:24 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Also if you realy want to use that bracket it looks like you could put it on backwards and it may fit decently.
Old 06-10-2006, 11:37 AM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 for black.

The rear hanger has equal length sides.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:46 PM
blodstrupmoen
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

This is a stock hanger, AND IT WILL FIT .. And the hanger for the front and the back is the same .. ( eccept hangers for cars with cat, but they are totally different ) . you just have to twist and turn it a bit and then use some force to get it right, you could use the jack a little . Mine was just like that , and i could not understnad how on earth this could work. But it did.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:48 PM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

blod I believe that hanger is the one for the front. I know my car has that exact same hanger on the front and a straight one on the back and then in the far rear to individual ones.

BTW, where did you get that al. tape? I realy need that to fix my w.g. tie in properly.

Quick Reply: Lindsey 3" exhaust install