Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

A big thanks to Motronic Enhancements for my 951 chips!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 09:04 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon Moeller
95One,
I have the 70mm MAF kicking around in my garage, if Hally makes the chip, I'll buy it.

-Jon

Cool. I've tried to stay on hally about it, but I think he is pretty set on Lindsey's MAF. I'm sure it was a lot of work to set up for it. I went and got the Stock Mustang MAF Transfer Function (Volts per Kg/hr of Flow) off the internet and sent it to him. It was easy to find since SOOOOOOO much performance work has been done on these cars.
FYI. The transfer function of the Stock Ford MAFS are the same for the stock 56mm to the 70mm Cobra MAFs. Its the Ford ECU that decides how much fuel to use (Ford programs the computer for the different injectors. and does NOT adjust the transfer function for more Fuel. ) So, you can use either one. 56 or 70. (Of course the 70mm or a larger one From ebay "Set" for stock injectors. For better flow)-

Sad thing is I won one that was suppose to be the Cobra 70mm. It was the stock 5.0 56mm when I received it. Typical E-bay. (only lost $25 though)

By the way. PLEASE tune for at LEAST the high 11's for Air Fuels. (to mid to low 11's at the top of the rev range.) Don't take my word for it. Ask ANY KNOWN tuner. (Pressurized) ..... For N.A., The Air fuels should be in the 12's.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:52 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi 95ONE,
Are you positive that the Huntley MAF has the same calibration
as the Cobra MAF ? I onces thought it was the same too but was
informed that it was different.

Quick Reply: A big thanks to Motronic Enhancements for my 951 chips!