944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Colorado GTG June 4 2006

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2006 | 04:16 AM
daniel951
Race Car

i am leaving for denver saturday morning so i won't have access to the computer so please give me a call with any changes greg or anyone. Thanks again
Old 06-03-2006 | 11:34 AM
tuc
Advanced

I can see where the confusion is already starting..... Chris, cpt_koolbeenz, and I have been chatting on the other thread about the meet.

See you all this weekend,

Chris aka tuc

Originally Posted by gregeast
Tuc, my 'Chris' comment was actually aimed at cpt_koolbeenz but looking forward to meeting you too!
Old 06-04-2006 | 06:05 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

11:00 @ Church and Nevada... Will be there...
I will be driving my beater! It needs a good tune (a trip to the dyno), and some body work... but you get the idea! Most likely bringing a few friends...
Old 06-04-2006 | 02:19 PM
michael2e
Burning Brakes

Sorry guys but wont be able to make it. How about a rip through the mountains one of these weekends? Have fun
Old 06-04-2006 | 09:28 PM
daniel951
Race Car

i went and got there late but only a half of an hour and didn't see anyone? except chris
Old 06-04-2006 | 10:25 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Greg and I were in the lot till 11:35-11:40, then we went into the show. We met two other guys in the show, came out and there were 5 951's out there including mine, Greg, these two guys (sorry, your names escape me!) and one other.
Old 06-04-2006 | 11:55 PM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Hey guys... What happened?
That was MY car!
I parked with you (doc and Greg) about an hour late, but no note with a phone number! Ouch! LOL

Must not have known it was mine...

I thought I would see you in there. I also met both 951 owners that were in the show. Nice guys...

When I left, I thought there would be a slip of paper on my windshield with a phone number and a restaurant name where you guys went afterwards. Oh well!

Daniel tried calling Greg, but said the number was disconnected.

We should have a dyno day soon. I need to get my car tuned well and soon!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, going from the car show back to Golden on 6th avenue just a mile west of I-25, I saw a black Enzo pass me on the right with a screaming exhaust note (just downshifted). I saw him a couple car lengths ahead of me two lanes over and I hit it! I chased him in the stretches, in between traffic groupings... WOW I almost **** myself! Chasing an ENZO in Colorado! Chasing an Enzo ANYWHERE, just seeing an Enzo at all is badass. We were going around 125+ on the opens. That car sounded amazing! Acceleration was instant... He left me like I was going in reverse. I was flooring it in 3rd and 4th. I could catch up to him only when he let me. WOW that was fun. I'm still in awe! I have two witnesses too! (my friend and girlfriend were in my car) The Enzo got off at Indiana... He didn't even glance over at us... Oh well! So, we went to Chilli's and talked about it for about 3 hours... LOL

It was a good day!
Old 06-05-2006 | 12:10 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi guys, sorry we didn't connect. I tried to call Daniel's number and got the same "this number has been disconnected" message, something must have been up with the cell phone coverage there. We wandered around until about 1:45 and then checked out Chris (Tuc) and Gary's cars.

Chris (Cpt_koolbeenz), glad to see your car back on the road, the second head gasket must have worked?
Old 06-05-2006 | 12:32 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

It did! So far so good... Knock on wood!
I was thinking I was going to blow it again chasing that Enzo around! I was worried, but I still have all my coolant.

WOW that Enzo was soo cool! Hahaha!

Your guys' cars looked good! Greg, the splitter is hot! Pretty low to the ground now...

Where did you guys go after? I stayed until about 3:30...
Old 06-05-2006 | 01:02 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

We hung out in the parking lot until about 2:00pm but then I needed to get home so we bugged out.

The splitter is definitely low, although my curb into the driveway has really been my biggest challenge. I've scraped it lightly a time or two, still learning what topography will cause the crunchy sounds...
Old 06-05-2006 | 01:48 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by gregeast
We hung out in the parking lot until about 2:00pm but then I needed to get home so we bugged out.

The splitter is definitely low, although my curb into the driveway has really been my biggest challenge. I've scraped it lightly a time or two, still learning what topography will cause the crunchy sounds...
greg i thought i gave you my new # not the 369-4897. if not i will pm it to you for next time we get together. Is urs still the same?
Old 06-05-2006 | 01:52 AM
gregeast
Addict
Rennlist Member

Daniel,

I called the same one that you had when we met in Castle Rock (don't have my phone handy right now). Mine's the same. I think something was up with the cell service...
Old 06-05-2006 | 02:12 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Yeah, lunch was not had. I forgot to put on suntan lotion and I think I fried myself there. Had a good time and yeah, if we'd been thinking we would've left a note on your car saying hi at least...
Old 06-05-2006 | 02:27 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

Originally Posted by docwyte
Yeah, lunch was not had. I forgot to put on suntan lotion and I think I fried myself there. Had a good time and yeah, if we'd been thinking we would've left a note on your car saying hi at least...
Haha yeah I got burned pretty good too and I did put on sun lotion... My forehead looks like a lobster! LOL

No worries I figured you guys had left long before us... I was going to leave a note on your cars, but I figured I would see you in there...

But had we gotten together, I wouldn't have found the Enzo... Soooo cool! I can't stop talking about it... haha
Old 06-05-2006 | 04:05 AM
cpt_koolbeenz
Drifting

http://exoticspotter.com/list.php?pa...5&location=all

Thats the one!

Quick Reply: Colorado GTG June 4 2006