RS Barn?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 12:07 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS Barn?

Has anyone here done any business with RS Barn? It is operated by Pete Fitzpatrick out of Newtown PA.

I purchased a Control Arm cross brace from RS Barn at the Hershey swapmeet. Cost $269, looked to be a very well built peice - virtually identical to the Brey Krause peice. Upon purchasing the unit, I took it back to the hauler and opened the package to read the installation instructions. The kit appeared to be missing a few peices according to the instructions, so I went back to the booth RS Barn was set up at. Weather was horrendous that day, and by the time I made it back there, they had closed up and left.

I called the number on the business card I got and left a message indicating my problem. Pete called back the next day and assured me he would correct the problem immediately by sending out the remainder of the kit. That was over a month ago, with nothing in the mail.

His email is rejecting mail and all I ever get is voicemail. My messages go unanswered.

Has anyone dealt with these guys? I'm kind of surprised by this - I bought the peice at the Hershey swap, in person, and shook the guy's hand once I gave him the money. You figure you look someone in the eye and shake their hand they aren't going to try to screw you....

Essentially, I paid $270 for an utterly useless peice, unless I go to a local machine shop and have them custom make the rest of the peices required.

I'll post back if/when this is resolved, but until updated, don't buy from RS Barn.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:08 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just a semi related question, does that RS Barn brace work with Turbos? The BK one doesnt...
Old 05-22-2006, 12:12 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Edge - Allegedly, yes although I cannot comment with certainty until I get it installed. The mounting brackets that install at the castor block are different between models- the 968 one BK sells will not work with the 951 because the brackets will create an interference between the brace and the crossover pipe.
This kit supposedly corrects that but again my kit is incomplete.
Old 05-22-2006, 02:06 PM
Jason Judd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try contacting him via 968.net.

He is usually over there. I've not heard bad things about him before.

Jason
Old 05-22-2006, 02:41 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

They're the manufacturers of the Rack Tack Delrin steering rack bushing that Paragon resells - I ordered 2 straight from Pete and they arrived promptly. However, I was told they were polyurethane and not Delrin, which I did not want. I told Pete about it and that I'd like either confirmation that they were a polyurethane, or a refund. He said he'd check with the manufacturer and never got back to me, never replied to further e-mails either.

I was specifically lied to about the material and then was totally ignored - I will never deal with him again.

Sam
Old 05-22-2006, 04:37 PM
PCinDC
Rennlist Lifetime Member
Lifetime Rennlist

Pete just called, hopefully the situation is going to be resolved promptly. I will be sure to update the list when I've received and installed the kit.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:26 PM
thingo
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by theedge
Just a semi related question, does that RS Barn brace work with Turbos? The BK one doesnt...
Works for me, the car twists less, installation was a litlle uninhibited, but it is a pretty thing.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: RS Barn?