Lindsey 3-piece cross member

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 08:51 PM
Skip Wolfe
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rich Sandor
Don't hold your breath Skip.
I wasn't but stranger things have happened - figured it couldn't hurt. Nice snag.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
chapstic951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah man. I would like to check it out...and see the progress of your beast. Let me know before you go under. I have weddings the next two weekends, but if I can get over there I certainly will.

I have a friend who is trying to encourage me to pick up a MIG welder and give the 3-piece a go for myself. I am hesitant to do it, but I want to see the LR and get a feel for what is involved. If I can track down an inexpensive non-abused one, I may try, but again, I don't want to f-up something that holds my engine and steering rack in place.

Originally Posted by 944 Fanatic
Steve,
I'll have a new one at my house this coming week if you want to see it in person before making a decision.
Paul
Old 05-15-2006, 04:20 PM
DAR951
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chapstic951
... If I can track down an inexpensive non-abused one, I may try, but again, I don't want to f-up something that holds my engine and steering rack in place.
I have a spare in good condition taking up space in my garage; aren't too far away (Bethesda); and would let it go for a good price... You can e-mail me at DARFirewall@verizon.net if you're interested. (I also have the Lindsey 3-piece installed on my race car that you're welcome to take a look at if you'd like.)
Old 05-17-2006, 03:06 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Guys
Quick question
Is the X member the same on all years of the 951( and both S and non S ?? )
TIA
Regards
Ed
Old 05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
chapstic951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

DAR,
I appreciate the offer, but it looks like I have to take the 951 to the shop for an exhaust leak I just cannot find and an o2 problem looked at as well as get a new wastegate. With that bill up in the air, the 3-piece is a "would like" vs. a "must have" and will have to wait. I may call on you in the future after the dust has settled.

Paul,
Let me know your schedule to put your 3-piece in, I would still like to take a peek.

-Steve

Quick Reply: Lindsey 3-piece cross member