Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 race car/parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006 | 06:53 PM
josephsc
Race Car

From: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA

I see nothing wrong -- in fact, I'm still tempted to jump into the mess with an offer.....
Old 05-10-2006 | 06:57 PM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice buy! I was just about to call the guy before I read more of the posts and found out I was a little too late
Old 05-10-2006 | 07:33 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Doesnt look like there was any wrong doing.....besides in a way I think Daigo invited people to try and steal the deal.....why did he ask me in post #14 if I had bought the car??....if he had already made a deal then he wouldnt have asked this.....to others reading the thread it would seem like Daigo didnt make a deal.......of course now he says he did which makes me wonder if he didnt call after me and maybe stole it from me.....hmmm
Old 05-10-2006 | 07:43 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by lart951
I will offer him more $$$ than anyone else and If that doesn't work I will have to call for mr Smith Wesson he is 44 and a has a dodge magnum.

I am extremely upset the car has been sold.
And in post # 15, I made my intentions clear. Btw the reason I didn't reply earlier was because I was doing an errand. I have nothing to hide.
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:09 PM
Doc
Racer

Thumbs up

OK... now that everything is settled, I just wanted to make a post and say a few comments.

FIrst of all, Thank you to Stephen Porter for starting this thread. And yes, as he stated, we do not know each other nor do we have any affiliation. Thank you Stephen.

Second, Thank you *very much* to daigo [Lorenzo] for being such a stand up guy and for buying the car. I suppose in hindsight, I could have asked for more however my circumstances dictated otherwise. We came to a mutually benefitial agreement and I don't want to be ungreatful.

It's been a some time since I've posted here regularly. [mainly becuse it was too depressing knowing my car was going nowhere.] There are certainly a lot of new faces here and some of the long-timers will remember me. I've always tried to be a stand up guy myself. [as the archives will attest.] I am only sorry that there was a misunderstanding, howver I'm glad things worked out.

I *WILL* own another Porsche someday and when I do, I will return to this site more regularly so I don't want to burn any bridges.

I've always loved my car and still do and as silly as it is to say about an inadimate object, I only want the best for it. [though I was tempted by the almighty dollar] I don't think I could ask for a better new home. (Lorenzo, I do expect to get updates and hear about how you beat the other guys at the track! )

Lastly, thanks you to all of the rest of you who inquired about the car. I wish you all the best of luck in your search. I know how it feels... believe me!

P.S. Now I need to remove the damn ad from Craigslist so my phone will stop ringing!

Cheers all!
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:18 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Doc
OK... now that everything is settled, I just wanted to make a post and say a few comments.

FIrst of all, Thank you to Stephen Porter for starting this thread. And yes, as he stated, we do not know each other nor do we have any affiliation. Thank you Stephen.

Second, Thank you *very much* to daigo [Lorenzo] for being such a stand up guy and for buying the car. I suppose in hindsight, I could have asked for more however my circumstances dictated otherwise. We came to a mutually benefitial agreement and I don't want to be ungreatful.

It's been a some time since I've posted here regularly. [mainly becuse it was too depressing knowing my car was going nowhere.] There are certainly a lot of new faces here and some of the long-timers will remember me. I've always tried to be a stand up guy myself. [as the archives will attest.] I am only sorry that there was a misunderstanding, howver I'm glad things worked out.

I *WILL* own another Porsche someday and when I do, I will return to this site more regularly so I don't want to burn any bridges.

I've always loved my car and still do and as silly as it is to say about an inadimate object, I only want the best for it. [though I was tempted by the almighty dollar] I don't think I could ask for a better new home. (Lorenzo, I do expect to get updates and hear about how you beat the other guys at the track! )

Lastly, thanks you to all of the rest of you who inquired about the car. I wish you all the best of luck in your search. I know how it feels... believe me!

P.S. Now I need to remove the damn ad from Craigslist so my phone will stop ringing!

Cheers all!
Okay, so now what do I do with the 10k that I pulled out of my bank account
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:36 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

You give it back and hope the cameras didn't see your face but if they did, then you tell it was just from your own account.
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:36 PM
Doc
Racer

Okay, so now what do I do with the 10k that I pulled out of my bank account

Stop! ... you're kiling me!

but hey... If you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket... I've got a 93 Mercedes 400E for sale too!
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:45 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ski
You give it back and hope the cameras didn't see your face but if they did, then you tell it was just from your own account.
lol, I found a nice 944 n/a race car for sale on ebay, wha do you think Bret?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...ayphotohosting
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:48 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Default Thank you

Thank you Lance, I appreciate your integrity and your honesty. Unfortunetly there were some misinterpretations and it's hard for me to post details or names because I don't like to see people impacted negatively. I was expressing frustration in one of the members actions. In hindsight I suppose if I wasn't going to "tell all" then I shouldn't have said anything at all, and I apologise for that. But as mad as I was I did not want to discredit that person publicly.

Thanks for understanding
Old 05-10-2006 | 08:59 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Doc

Stop! ... you're kiling me!

but hey... If you've got some money burning a hole in your pocket... I've got a 93 Mercedes 400E for sale too!
I thought we had an agreement on that car too?
Old 05-10-2006 | 09:24 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

lol, I found a nice 944 n/a race car for sale on ebay, wha do you think Bret?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...ayphotohosting
Too late...I negotiated a deal on that one already.......and stop calling the owner......
Old 05-10-2006 | 09:31 PM
jasoncoker
Instructor

You know, it is threads like this that remind me why I never payed to become a Rennlist member.
Eyal, when you say:
"I'd do what it takes to benefit myself in such a situation. Free market, thats how our economy
works, and thats what this country is built on. If you were a freind, it would be different.
Sorry, thats my opinion, popular or not.
As for a seller agreement, thats up to the ethics/morals of the seller and nobody else."

Do you really think that instills confidence in potential Apex Sport customers? Why should it be different for a friend if you are not doing anything wrong?

Lart, when you say:
Daigo is a fellow lister and a great customer, but we are talking about business.

Do you believe that because "this is business", that gives you carte blanche to outmaneuver the Rennlister who told you about it in the first place?

Andial, maybe Daigo rashly posted this ad in his enthusiasm, but why would he invite "people to try and steal the deal?" I fail to see the logic in that.

Come on guys, I know as much about capitalism as anyone else. The point of this board is comradery and technical discussion about something we all have in common. It is not that I expect altruism or anything (though that would be refreshing), but I see inherent injustice in the "me first" and "let me get mine and screw everyone else" attitude. Nice teamwork. I am glad I do not need to rely on you as a platoon member or other situation wherein teamwork is essential. I hope that none of you are in healthcare, b/c I do not want colleagues who only serve their own self interest at the expense of their patients. I realize that nobody's life is in jeopardy here (Lart's gun references notwithstanding, haha), but I imagine that each of you would be pissed if someone had done that to you.

Okay, rant over. Flame away.
Old 05-10-2006 | 09:34 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasoncoker
You know, it is threads like this that remind me why I never payed to become a Rennlist member.
Eyal, when you say:
"I'd do what it takes to benefit myself in such a situation. Free market, thats how our economy
works, and thats what this country is built on. If you were a freind, it would be different.
Sorry, thats my opinion, popular or not.
As for a seller agreement, thats up to the ethics/morals of the seller and nobody else."

Do you really think that instills confidence in potential Apex Sport customers? Why should it be different for a friend if you are not doing anything wrong?

Lart, when you say:
Daigo is a fellow lister and a great customer, but we are talking about business.

Do you believe that because "this is business", that gives you carte blanche to outmaneuver the Rennlister who told you about it in the first place?

Andial, maybe Daigo rashly posted this ad in his enthusiasm, but why would he invite "people to try and steal the deal?" I fail to see the logic in that.

Come on guys, I know as much about capitalism as anyone else. The point of this board is comradery and technical discussion about something we all have in common. It is not that I expect altruism or anything (though that would be refreshing), but I see inherent injustice in the "me first" and "let me get mine and screw everyone else" attitude. Nice teamwork. I am glad I do not need to rely on you as a platoon member or other situation wherein teamwork is essential. I hope that none of you are in healthcare, b/c I do not want colleagues who only serve their own self interest at the expense of their patients. I realize that nobody's life is in jeopardy here (Lart's gun references notwithstanding, haha), but I imagine that each of you would be pissed if someone had done that to you.

Okay, rant over. Flame away.
Here put this on......now here it goes..........
Attached Images  
Old 05-10-2006 | 09:35 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jasoncoker

Perhaps your too stupid...........

Quick Reply: 951 race car/parts for sale