Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 race car/parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Jason_86_951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He's most likely kicking himself, and now getting greedy. I bet he got a hundred calls on that.
Hmmn........$12k+ worth of parts for $5k.................
Old 05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by daigo
The issue is that we shouldn't be trying to undermine each other, it goes against what the board represnents.
This story sounds awfully familiar. I know how you feel. Last year I went to pick up a 951 that the owner agreed to sell me that morning and said 'the first cash talks' at his asking price. I went to the bank, got the cash, and drove over to his house. A non-local fellow Rennlister called him back on the phone "while I was signing the friggin papers" and offered him more than his asking price...didn't even have the money with him. This was after I told the same person I was buying the car on the phone while I was at the sellers house. Personally I thought that was about the most chicken**** thing a man can do...especially after I cut him a very good deal on a Turbo trans just 2 months before. He knows who he is and so do many other people here...I'm not pissed anymore but I chock it up to his lack of integrity, mommy and daddy's money, and his age. I hope to God it's not the same guy sharking you on this deal. Good Luck...
Old 05-10-2006, 05:26 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

The problem I have is someone is calling him after congratulating me on the purchase. I too would be upset on missing a deal, but I would not call the seller and try to undermine a fellow Rennlister.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:32 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
This story sounds awfully familiar. I know how you feel. Last year I went to pick up a 951 that the owner agreed to sell me that morning and said 'the first cash talks' at his asking price. I went to the bank, got the cash, and drove over to his house. A non-local fellow Rennlister called him back on the phone "while I was signing the friggin papers" and offered him more than his asking price...didn't even have the money with him. This was after I told the same person I was buying the car on the phone while I was at the sellers house. Personally I thought that was about the most chicken**** thing a man can do...especially after I cut him a very good deal on a Turbo trans just 2 months before. He knows who he is and so do many other people here...I'm not pissed anymore but I chock it up to his lack of integrity, mommy and daddy's money, and his age. I hope to God it's not the same guy sharking you on this deal. Good Luck...
PM me the person's name, I'll bet it's the same guy.
BTW, the deal WAS done. I upped the amount last night because he was getting offers. We agreed on the deal and I was to Paypal today. This forum is so that we can help each other. We all want to grab that great deal, but don't mess it up for someone else if you didn't get the deal.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:33 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you sure the seller is not just telling you this to get you to up your price now that he realizes how stupid it was to sell it so cheap?
Old 05-10-2006, 05:35 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

No, he copied me the emails. We all know the person.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:36 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

PM me the person's name, I'll bet it's the same guy.
BTW, the deal WAS done. I upped the amount last night because he was getting offers. We agreed on the deal and I was to Paypal today. This forum is so that we can help each other. We all want to grab that great deal, but don't mess it up for someone else if you didn't get the deal.
PM already sent.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:58 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow? Can you send me the name? It's probably the person that stopped posting to this thread.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:03 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just my opinion -- but this also applies to eBay auction equally well.

It's a free market!

If you can buy something cheap (or sell something dear), then get the deal done ASAP. Otherwise, you could get outbid, or the seller/buyer realizes the mistake, and so forth. An agreement (written or verbal) isn't going to hold anyways. It sucks sometimes, but we like to call it capitalism at work. Unless there was something criminal involved (slander for instance), I don't see anything wrong with it -- it just sucks, but that's life in a market system.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:07 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by por951turbo
Wow? Can you send me the name? It's probably the person that stopped posting to this thread.
Yeah but which one? This really blows that some RL'er(s) would do this. If someone blew Daigos' deal last night after a seller/buyer agreement was made I want to know the persons name and who to avoid...I don't care how long they have been here...bad JuJu is bad JuJu and this one is starting to stink. This ain't eBay.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:20 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by josephsc
Just my opinion -- but this also applies to eBay auction equally well.

It's a free market!

If you can buy something cheap (or sell something dear), then get the deal done ASAP. Otherwise, you could get outbid, or the seller/buyer realizes the mistake, and so forth. An agreement (written or verbal) isn't going to hold anyways. It sucks sometimes, but we like to call it capitalism at work. Unless there was something criminal involved (slander for instance), I don't see anything wrong with it -- it just sucks, but that's life in a market system.
I disagree. The business function of Ebay is to provide a platform for auctioning goods. This forum (and others) are designed for a group of people with common interests to exchange intellectual property for the betterment of all the participants. The seller in this case is someone with integrity whom I felt (and still feel) to be trustworthy. I wouldn’t have a problem with being out bid. But the methods used in this instance were underhanded. I can’t elaborate further out of respect to the seller who in my opinion deserves is an honest Rennlister.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:22 PM
daigo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KuHL 951
Yeah but which one? This really blows that some RL'er(s) would do this. If someone blew Daigos' deal last night after a seller/buyer agreement was made I want to know the persons name and who to avoid...I don't care how long they have been here...bad JuJu is bad JuJu and this one is starting to stink. This ain't eBay.
Again, out of respect to the seller I won't use any names now. By the PMs I've gotten most of you know who it is.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:24 PM
josephsc
Race Car

Location: Albany, CA: celebrating 100 years of independence from Berkeley, CA
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn’t have a problem with being out bid. But the methods used in this instance were underhanded.
If the method was underhanded -- that's another issue. But I don't think we should go around slinging mud unless we know for sure that it was underhanded. For all I know, I would only assume that someone offered more money -- which I consider fair.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

The point of this board is to answer tech questions. If I wanted the car, hell yea I'd out offer diago. I don't know you man, I never met you, and I'd do what it takes to benefit myself in such a situation. Free market, thats how our economy works, and thats what this country is built on. If you were a freind, it would be different.
Sorry, thats my opinion, popular or not.
As for a seller agreement, thats up to the ethics/morals of the seller and nobody else.
Old 05-10-2006, 06:46 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Before I knew, daigo was the winner, Lance had called me last night responding to a message that had left in his voice mail. I told him over the phone that I will give more money than the highest offer he got. This morning he email me and told me that Daigo was supposed to call him to confirm today. Well I responded and confirmed my offer in written. Daigo is a fellow lister and a great customer, but we are talking about business, also I did not mention anything derrogatory or bad about daigo. I just stand by my last night offer. Where is the wrong doing?

Quick Reply: 951 race car/parts for sale