Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

** KILL ** long

Old 05-06-2006, 01:20 AM
maximus951
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ** KILL ** long

Let me begin by stating that I am NOT a street or stoplight racer - I got all of that crap out of my system when I was 23... or so I thought. Driving home through uptown Mpls on Lake street heading west, a Ferrari 355 Spider pulls out from Dean parkway and trolls over to the next light heading towards SLP. The light was red as I pulled up along side him. Beautiful car - red w/tan interior. At this point, I am not looking for a race - not a good idea to go ripping around the west metro at 11:30pm - so I look over and tell the guy "nice 355" to which he rolls his eyes and gives me a withering glance similar to the caveman in the GEICO ad and says, "whatever" - As I'm shaking my head in disgust, he starts revving his engine - I didn't know people still did that - especially Ferrari's. Anyway, the light changes and he takes off. Not wanting to toast my clutch, I layed into it @ 2k and managed to stay within a car length until the next light. Again, I wasn't really in the mood for a ticket so I kept it pretty mellow for the next 2 miles until we were crossing into Hopkins @ 1/2 mile before 169. We stopped at another light and he looks over and says " I have 9 porsches -- I could have you any time I want." - Isn't that a line from "No Man's Land"? .... anyway, the gloves are off at this point and we take off heading towards the 169 south ramp - I let him pull ahead and follow onto the long uphill 270deg sweeper in 2nd gear @ 4k - I thought he'd have a cornering edge with the rubber they put on those things but I was nailed to his bobbing rear bumper until we straightened out. 2nd gear was done in a nanosecond - up to third, flat out, I nudged right and slowly reeled him in. We were even as I grabbed 4th then something incredible happened - I pulled at least a car length on him before hitting redline in 4th!!!! He must have been shocked because he immediately pulled left and hit an off ramp as I was passing 4k in 5th. I was incredulous - so much so that I called my fiance and woke her up screaming "who's the man!!!?!!" - she wasn't amused but enjoyed the story. I know many of you will read this and think that I'm full of $hit but I swear it's true and concede that a 380hp 3000lb Ferrari should smoke a 951 on any day of the week. I am not stock and while I have no idea what my consistent HP #'s are, a bad driver in a 400hp exotic is no match for our little red monster.
I'll take kills like that all day. Flame on!

87 951 - K26/8 w/Lindsey Chips, Tial 38mm, 3barFPR, K&N, CatBypass, M030, FikseFM10 - 17x9 & 17x10 w/235 & 265

03 PassatW8 Wagon bone stock
Old 05-06-2006, 01:26 AM
gmsracing
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I personally love street racing.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:00 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

good story, street racing is a daily event here in Vegas. I'm guilty of it too but I'm finding I'm getting more careful. I think I'm actually growing up. Only a little though...
Old 05-06-2006, 02:13 AM
fourside
Instructor

Sounds like you had fun !

I won't street race in a pre-meditated way... but I will not be able to fight off racing a Ferrari. This is the one thing that I will probably be guilty of my whole life! Cool story
Old 05-06-2006, 02:17 AM
maximus951
Advanced

I love street racing too but the odds are against you in so many ways. I'm 40 now and the urge is much easier to control when I think about my family and everything that I have to lose if something goes wrong. Also, DE events and track days fill the gaps nicely. There was a post last week about the drivers pyramid which put wheel to wheel racers at the top and street racers at the bottom - funny thing is that EVERY racer I know in my old PCA region from club guys to black group vets are nuts on the street and the track - racing is about winning and that competitive drive is the same - legal or not.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:19 AM
Ian Carr
That Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

o god how could you, street racing?!?! your a terrible person....

ok now that we got that out there, im surprized / impressed that you stayed with and went by a 355! congratulations you should be proud of your little go fast machine
Old 05-06-2006, 02:24 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

duuuuuude. i had almost the exact same encounter. i was out one night, and i see these lights go by on another street.

i think

"ferrari??? oh la-la!"

i give chase, we both get onto J street near the university, and we go from a roll. about 30-110, i kept with him until he let off and then i passed completely. we cruised for about 2 miles. we finally get to a stoplight and HE tells me "NICE CAR!" and gives the thumbs up.

i say "NICE 355!" we exchange thumbs up and "awesome car" remarks, until he turns away and i go straight.

nice guy actually.

but yeah, he should have wasted me, but it was a cold night, and 951s love cold nights........

355's sound AWESOME.

but i'm still partial to dumped wastegate.

makes you sound like you're driving pure evil.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
duuuuuude. i had almost the exact same encounter. i was out one night, and i see these lights go by on another street.

i think

"ferrari??? oh la-la!"

i give chase, we both get onto J street near the university, and we go from a roll. about 30-110, i kept with him until he let off and then i passed completely. we cruised for about 2 miles. we finally get to a stoplight and HE tells me "NICE CAR!" and gives the thumbs up.

i say "NICE 355!" we exchange thumbs up and "awesome car" remarks, until he turns away and i go straight.

nice guy actually.

but yeah, he should have wasted me, but it was a cold night, and 951s love cold nights........

355's sound AWESOME.

but i'm still partial to dumped wastegate.

makes you sound like you're driving pure evil.
I'm calling BS on this one.......if this encounter really occurred for sure you would have posted a thread......anyway I too had a similar encounter the other day (same Ferrari??)......but unlike you I have pics to back up my story.......
Attached Images   
Old 05-06-2006, 02:38 AM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I just had a run with a new Maserati Coupe - they have the Ferrari engine correct? We were on a freeway and he tried to pass me. He pulled out and I stepped on it. I pulled about 3 car lengths from 70 mph to 120 mph. I then shut down and let him by. I wasn't interested in a race to top speed. I only wanted to see how my Vitesse Stage III would compare to the Maserati.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:10 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

andial, i dont post kill threads anymore cuz of the crybabies.

F355 should be easy pickings for you once you get your car sorted out (did i say when? i meant IF )
Old 05-06-2006, 03:18 AM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
andial, i dont post kill threads anymore cuz of the crybabies.

F355 should be easy pickings for you once you get your car sorted out (did i say when? i meant IF )
Dont be a wuss.....u gonna let ZMan dicate what u can and cant post?? sheesh

Take a good look at the dash on my car....I wasn't in the 951............

The 951 is running just fine....perhaps I need to take a stroll up to Sac and come back with a kill story of my own......
Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 AM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Andial951
Dont be a wuss.....u gonna let ZMan dicate what u can and cant post?? sheesh

Take a good look at the dash on my car....I wasn't in the 951............

The 951 is running just fine....perhaps I need to take a stroll up to Sac and come back with a kill story of my own......

"dear rennlist, juan kicked my ***. oh well, his car looks nicer anyway"

j/k roger. you're just lucky you bought the car with the 2.8 conversion.

wont be so happy sometime around the end of summer....

anyway- you'll be getting a PM soon........
Old 05-06-2006, 08:34 AM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

The only Ferrari I've seen around here was a newer Testarosa exiting a ritzy neighborhood at speed, drifted on to the street and around a turn through the next intersection. Just as the Ferrari disappeared around the corner a police cruizer appeared lights a blazin followng the same route. I didn't follow to see the outcome.

There are a couple of Gallardos I've seen being daily driven around town, but very few Prancing Horse cars.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:23 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

the ferrari in the pics is NOT an F355.

Originally Posted by Andial951
I'm calling BS on this one.......if this encounter really occurred for sure you would have posted a thread......anyway I too had a similar encounter the other day (same Ferrari??)......but unlike you I have pics to back up my story.......
Old 05-06-2006, 12:14 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You show is his bitchass

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ** KILL ** long