Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

** KILL ** long

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 02:34 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you give me a LSD trannsmition, I'll sponsor you to become a citizen, then you can bring your family, all 14 of your children too!
Old 05-07-2006, 11:50 PM
Brett
Addict
Rennlist Member

I had the exact same type of encounter with a 355 too! No Joke! About 10 one night back in november I was driving home on a state highway. Very strait road and not too many cops. Anyway I pulled out onto the road from a side street and noticed a 355 had followed me on the highway. Usually the guys with the exotics don't like to race in my area so I just noticed it and went on my way, but he got up on my bumper and quickly jumped into the lane next to me. I thought no way, am I really lined up with a ferrari on an empty road. It was too good to be true. So I slightly increased my speed and he kept pace right with me. Then (like a total ricer) I shot off my blow off valve 4 or 5 times to let him know I was ready to run with him and he just dropped off. I watched him drop back into my rear viev mirror and then suddenly he screams up and blows by me. I down shift from 5 to 3 right about the time he passes the nose of my car and he pulls about 6 cars on me before I get into full boost. I run up to redline in 3 and gain a few cars. Then I slam it into 4 (notice a flash in my side mirror from the exhaust) and pull one car on him! I cant believe it! Shift to 5 and pull 5 cars ahead before we shut it down. Then we get stopped at a light. I roll my window down to say nice race and nice car but before I can say anything the guy in the ferrari says "That thing's not stock is it!" I say back, "No sir, have a nice evening" With the biggest smile on my face. The 951 triumphs again!
Old 05-08-2006, 01:21 AM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I swear, every street racing story starts off with "Now I never street race, BUT..."

Kind of like being half-pregnant.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:34 AM
WesM951
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Half pregant?

I've only street raced my car once.. and it was against my buddy in his modified LT1 camero. (LT4 bits, heads, cam etc)

We where heading out of town from a 35 -> 55 zone. I was in 4th gear doing right around 40mph (we all know this is the wrong gear), all of a sudden I look over and see his front end shoot up, I mash the go pedal and pull a fender on him till the top of 4th, shift into 5th and pull another.. 5ft or so. His nose was just about to my door. I let off and turned down a side road. We got a good chuckle out of it and he swears he'll never "loose" to another 4banger again. I just had the chips at the time, good stuff.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:39 AM
maximus951
Advanced

Lately, I feel like Tom Cruise after he picked the 928 from the dealership...
Not sure how I made it to 40 in one piece - how many of us are lucky to be alive? I look back in disbelief at the insane things I did in my 20's - what proportions of skill, confidence, invinciblity and stupidity combined to make me do those things? Hmm... here's my top 5:
5. Swimming in the city resevoir at night knowing that there was a giant outflow pipe that could easily have sucked all of us under at any time
4. Racing a mustang at 100 + mph in my buddy's '86 951 at 4am on the BQE and nearly dying after swerving to avoid a sofa in the middle of the road.
3. 1st and last time I ever drove drunk.... blew a .094 and the cop let me off
2. Evading the police after sailing through a city speed trap in my bullet-like 83 GTI - it sure felt like a bullet in '88 with a hi-lift schrick cam, bigger TB and a techtonics exhaust! - BTW, they didn't catch us
1. Evading the police - again with my buddy an his SAAB Aero - we made it home but not before shredding a tire/rim on a curb - the lesson here was that police use radios - D'oh!

Well there you have it - I feel so much better coming clean with you guys.
I pray that my unborn son wants a Prius.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:40 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I race all the time. Average two tickets a month. Clean record. Done so much even I'm embarrased and then I don't think anyone would believe me anyway. Just had a good one today in Scottsdale AZ. Brand new vette. Do you know they go to 60mph in 1st gear?! Passed him quite easily though...of course. Cool guy too. Didn't expect that.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:03 AM
jgporsche
Drifting

Originally Posted by UDPride
I swear, every street racing story starts off with "Now I never street race, BUT..."
It's true. Then their are people who flame others for street racing, when they do it or have done it.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:48 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by jgporsche
It's true. Then their are people who flame others for street racing, when they do it or have done it.
I should hope so. Starting a street-racing thread on Rennlist is like walking into a SuperMax with your pants pulled down. If you are surprised at the reaction you get -- you shouldnt be.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:43 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by maximus951
I was incredulous - so much so that I called my fiance and woke her up screaming "who's the man!!!?!!" - she wasn't amused but enjoyed the story.
Hahaha that's hilarious -- had me laughing out loud at work
Old 05-08-2006, 10:38 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by UDPride
I should hope so. Starting a street-racing thread on Rennlist is like walking into a SuperMax with your pants pulled down. If you are surprised at the reaction you get -- you shouldnt be.
You say that like there is something wrong with it?

-Dana
Old 05-08-2006, 10:56 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

355s are cake.
Old 05-10-2006, 01:01 AM
silverbullet
Pro

I've never run with any exotic so far, but the other night I played with a friend's 1999 LS1 Trans Am. She just bought it and we went from a roll of about 50 with me a car length back. I easily passed her in the middle of fouth gear. And that's with just chips and a Tial.

Quick Reply: ** KILL ** long