Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno run

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006 | 03:40 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Todd,

If I implied anything about doubting knowledge/experience, it was not intentional. :-)

Yes on the Tial with dual port config.

The black **** boost controller is a regulator. (supposedly...) I've seen other devices that look similar which are relief valve, but have never tried them.

>>>Is it better for spool up/control to run, when in dual port, relief or regulator style?<<<

I don't know. I've only run the regulator style. But there was no improvement going from a regulator style to an electronic boost controller.

TonyG
Old 05-05-2006 | 03:40 PM
RKD in OKC
Rennlist Member

Not yet, got a deadline project at work. But hey, if I can make the deadline I get a healthy bonus!
Old 05-05-2006 | 04:22 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Oh no, I was implying that I know you are "THE MAN"

OK, then I guess I need to switch to dual port mode regardless.
Old 05-05-2006 | 04:28 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

toddk911

Hey... thanks for the compliment, but I'm not THE MAN.

I simply share the info so people don't have to make the same mistakes I did (learn on thier buck).

I wish I had a really good resource like Rennlist when I started playing with these cars a long time ago. I would have saved a ton of money if I knew then, what I know now.

No reason to keep the info secret.

TonyG
Old 05-06-2006 | 04:24 AM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

The problem with my MBC is the spiking. I suppose I can live with having to compensate for changes in temperatures.
Is there any difference between the black **** controllers with regards to spiking?
As I said, my controller is from Lindsey. Is this more prone to spiking than other black **** contollers?
Old 05-06-2006 | 01:53 PM
nize
Banned

Originally Posted by TonyG
Todd,

I understand the physics, and there more to it than simple temperature change. But to even address this (which has been addressed here on Rennlist about 18 gabillion times) would derail this thread.

Bottom line, is that with all of the electronic and manual boost controllers that I've tried, which is probably close to a dozen over the years, none have worked as well as the little black **** and a Tial 46mm with the correct spring.

On the other side of the fence, I've have seen/known about several electronic solenoids that failed (2 with catastrophic results... including one of my previous 951's that I sold to MySwiss who insisted on installing an electronic boost controller, after I told him over and over that he would see zero gain. He saw zero gain. And the solenoid failed causing the car to run boost "wide open" on race day... well past the boost gauge, resulting severe engine damage).

TonyG
tony, was this on a specific make/model ebc, or various ones? are some more reliable than others? are there any that have never failed?
Old 05-07-2006 | 01:57 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

>>And the solenoid failed causing the car to run boost" wide open"on race day... well past the boost gauge,

Just to clarify It was not the solenoid that failed. One of the electrical connections broke loose.
Old 05-07-2006 | 02:23 PM
nize
Banned

what brand ebc was this ?
Old 05-07-2006 | 05:26 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Greddy, like I said it was not a solenoid failure.

Quick Reply: Dyno run