Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Oil Pipe Grinding

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006 | 08:46 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Default Oil Pipe Grinding

Since I don't use my cycling valve, I decided to grind off the extra pipes welded to the oil pipe under the intake. I previously just used a hose from the oil separator to the intake, but that was bulky. It took quite a while to cut/grind off the little cycling valve pipes -- they are really welded on there. Anywho... thought I'd post a few pics -- the pipe saves room under the intake and still uses the factory attachment bracket.

As for the hose on the oil separator, I went to pepboys and found a 3/4" radiator hose with a 90 degree bend on one end, then cut to fit. The intake side just uses a straight piece of 3/4" inch hose.
Attached Images   
Old 04-22-2006 | 08:53 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Good idea, mine is off and I just might copy you.
Old 04-23-2006 | 02:46 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Be prepared to grind for a while. Also, if you start with a spare pipe like I did, be aware that there are two different styles. The earlier style would be better for this, because then you can use the factory 86 elbow hose off the oil separator. If you use a late style pipe like I did, you have to improvise an elbow hose (since the 86 elbow doesn't reach the late-style pipe, and since the late style hose has a check valve in it).

I'm going to put a little more effort into an 86 pipe, polish it smooth, and have it yellow-zinc plated to look factory original.

Quick Reply: Oil Pipe Grinding