Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Having turbo installation issues =[ Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:35 PM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Having turbo installation issues =[ Help

Hey, I have my new turbo installed, exhaust hooked up, basically everything ready to be put back on... but what's this!?! I have some sort of a hole on the motor mount bracket, about 2 or 3 inches down from the turbo towards the side of the car.
There's a larger diameter hole in the middle, and two smaller diameter holes to the sides. I have NO idea what went there somehow, and the instructions on clarks garage don't mention anything that I have figured it out to be.
Is this the steering universal joint heatshield or what?
I will take pictures today and put them up but I'm really stumped and this turbo project has been going on since decemebet
(then again I was TDY to dover and I work way too much)
I'm in the 707 area of norcal, if anyone local wants to help out I'll buy a 12 pack (I can get O'douls if you're a prude haha)
I just REALLY want to get my car running again
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Jfrahm
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 126 Posts

There's nothing connected to those holes on my turbo project motor, but mine's out of the car.
Old 04-16-2006, 01:18 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on the turbo motor mount, you have two upper holes that are for bolts to the heat shield for the steering knuckle. The large hole is just that, a hole. Underside, you have the hose from the turbo drain to oil pan. Make sure you change the washers on the large banjo bolt, seen many that weren't and leaked on start up.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:34 AM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ski
on the turbo motor mount, you have two upper holes that are for bolts to the heat shield for the steering knuckle. The large hole is just that, a hole. Underside, you have the hose from the turbo drain to oil pan. Make sure you change the washers on the large banjo bolt, seen many that weren't and leaked on start up.
hmm okay, that explains why I had no idea what went there... Thanks alot now I can actually finish the car =-0
Old 04-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Mike1982
Drifting

Where's the beer then!!
Old 04-18-2006, 02:41 AM
951_RS
Rennlist Member

haha its at the store =]
I plan to have this done soon as my 12 hours shifts cease to be 12 hours and revert to 8 hours again =D
then I will post dyno numbers etc and actually get to drive it. Also, anyone around the norcal area know of a good shop to go to incase I decide to hire someone to do the finishing touches?

Quick Reply: Having turbo installation issues =[ Help