Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Little talladega -- may 9th

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 03:59 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little talladega -- may 9th

Me and a group of friends are basically renting the little talladega track (http://www.tgprace.com) on Tuesday, May 9th for the whole day. We get there around 8am, and leave around dusk, and get the track all to ourselves all day long. We're looking to take 12 cars this time. I believe we already have a total of 5 people committed to going. Three cars can be on the track at a time (believe me, you'd probably get more driving time than you even cared for). Its pretty much a "go out there and drive as fast as you want while staying on the track" kind of thing.. good way to just have fun and learn the limits of your car a little better.

Its $100 per person. We're trying to make sure we fill up all 12 spots.. This is on a first come first serve basis. Please make sure that you can go if you say you want to go...

Anyone who can definitely commit to coming, send me a PM.

Ask questions here.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:34 PM
wi54545
Burning Brakes

I might be in for this. What equipment do you need for this track? I.E. helmet, etc.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:41 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

It'd probably be best for you to bring your own helmet.. Last time we went one of the guys brought a bunch of helmets, but I wouldn't count on that. Other than that... Not a whole lot. Any tools you can pack might be useful.. Don't feel like you have to fit as much of your garage in your car as possible, but bringing some common sense stuff might be good (wrenches, floor jack, etc.) but of course you don't have to bring anything at all if you choose not to.

Also, bringing extra fluids would probably be a smart thing to do... Coolant, brake fluid, oil, etc.. anything you have lying around.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:35 PM
dacula951
Instructor

You guys did this last fall, right? I think at that time you were talking about one car at a time. Is that what you ended up doing, or did you run three and find it to be Ok? I assume passing will only be allowed on straights and when signalled? I'm wondering about this from a saftey standpoint and also if I need to worry about debris chipping paint or cracking glass (I'd be bringing a 951 that's sort of a garage queen).
Old 04-12-2006, 05:11 PM
ivai
Burning Brakes

We were in fact allowed to run three at a time. Passing only when signalled and on the straights... There wasn't any racing... Just enjoying the track, and letting a faster car pass you if need be. The track was very clean and is always kept clean, so you should be okay and not get any chips or dings. Hope you can make it!

Quick Reply: Little talladega -- may 9th