Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need some suggestions to trouble shoot an overly rich condition

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is what I was thinking, the chip might not be set exactly for that. You get VERY rich when boost comes on which makes me think the programmer was thinking of 18psi right then plus put some extra fuel to make it more safe. Since you are running a lower boost then 18psi, you might be running rich right there. Is your FPR suppose to be set to 36psi? I know many when upgrading say you need to use 3.0 bar or ~45psi?
Old 04-07-2006, 12:23 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hummm 36 was what the goof ***** at powerhsue told me to run it at. But my question is if I increase fuel pressure would i not make the problem worse?

As for running it with the Autothority chip, this problem presented itself with the autothority chip when the car was dynoed just after purchase. Then it was producing 225 HP and 236 TQ (with a blown head gasket) Now it could easily be two badly mapped chips, but to have them both drop to less than 10 to one right off the batt has me thinking something is wrong. I do have another DME out of an 86 and it has an Autothority chip in it as well as a second autotority MAF out of the 86 parts car.

Here is a question does the above info suggest an overly lagging turbo? I don't have anything to compare this to so my impresions of it taking till the 3400 ish range to spool is all I have to go on. What is the chance of some odd ball thing like a parially blocked crossover pipe?

More trouble shooting this afternoon,

IPSC

Last edited by IPSC; 04-07-2006 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:33 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

What boost are you getting at 2.8k, 3k, 3.2k?? You might have a littler slower then stock (K26/6) but it shouldn't be that much.
Old 04-08-2006, 06:12 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

boost is staring to build around 4 PSi by 2000 and it rises rapidly from there. By 2.8k it is at 12 or so and by 3k it is almost to 14 psi and by 3.4 is is as high as it is going to go. the TIAL holds what ever till redline. TIAL 38mm is one of the best things that has ever gone on the car.

Monday knight I plan to run the car again with a differnt DME out of the 86 as well as the MAF from the 86. POP and SWAP trouble shooting now. Cross fingers

IPSC
Old 04-19-2006, 02:07 PM
JWF
2nd Gear

I have an Autothority MAF going way rich on accleration as well I think the problem has to do with the Authority MAF programming.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JWF
I have an Autothority MAF going way rich on accleration as well I think the problem has to do with the Authority MAF programming.

What makes you think it is the MAF? not saying your wrong by any means. I have two autothority MAFS (the 86 parts car had one in it) and I tried that as well on a second dyno run with pretty much the same results as the first run. The air fuel curve dropped off. I then went to another DME (also out of the 86 parts car) also with Autothority chips and the the fuel curve was better but not ideal.

Do you have a dyno run with the air fuel curve?

I have come to the conclusion I need some sort of piggy back to flatten this fuel curve out. After the second guru chip came and would not idle AT ALL I am now looking to fix this myself.

IPSC

Quick Reply: Need some suggestions to trouble shoot an overly rich condition