Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Okay, give me the brutal truth...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

If you would have been working on the trans swap instead of playing scrap book with your car's exterior, you could have made BIR.... Best weather I recall having for First Fling in years.

I think the reference to the Turbo Cup wheel colors with regard to your coloring, would be to paint two white and two black, then just throw them on the car any which way. You would see some mix and match with various colors of the mag. phone dials on the Rothmans cars. A lot started off being color matched to the cars' paint schemes, but over the seasons they would get mixed up and replaced.
Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2006, 05:12 PM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Oddjob
If you would have been working on the trans swap instead of playing scrap book with your car's exterior, you could have made BIR.... Best weather I recall having for First Fling in years.
I was on schedule to make it till my project for work got suddenly much more difficult. I ended up spending all last week in Red Wing working on it. Yeah shouldn't have been playing cut and paste the month prior...

I was going to come up to just watch Saturday till all four kids and the wife caught streppe throat....I was the only healthy one....what a joy taking care of all 5 of them. Awesome weather, sure beat last year.

PM me on that other tranny if your still interested.
Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
M758
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well,
That is not to my personall tastes, but in race car you can get away with just about anything.
Here is the 944 spec "Zebra" aka "Convit car"

Car has since had the strips removed, but ran for years like this.

Good to see track seats and a Roll cage in the car. If it just had stock seats and no bar it would be rather gay looking. From a distance it would look like race car, but really be stock. Too much rice for me. However since it had seat and & cage it is great.

Eric, I hear you on the "RED 944" thing. That is one reason I added the white stripe to mine. Too many reds cars I needed to visually make it easier to pick out on track. It was infact inspired by a few turbo cup cars.

I have 3 sets of wheels. Right now all stock looking cookies. I have considred doing 1 set with red centers, another with white, and leaving last set black. One reason is for the look and the other is more practical. Sometimes I can't tell which set of tires is which.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:32 PM
azmi951
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking track car.
Maybe Azure and Argent for the next one????
Old 04-25-2006, 01:47 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to see the dark pics. Looks great.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:25 AM
f1rocks
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DFASTEST951
I want to see the dark pics. Looks great.
Post 1 is the best I can do for dark pics until I use a real camera "not digital cheapy" to take some full on night shots. Need something I can control the shutter speed with.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:41 PM
dougoh
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i drive mine on the street(somtimes)...kinda looks like mike tysons face...the only thing is that every kid in a honda wants to race
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Okay, give me the brutal truth...