Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

ProMAX SciVision MAF - even more stealth!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 08:17 PM
jgporsche
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what part of your maf needed repair?
Old 07-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

the computer part......I allowed the wires to get too close to the alternator and they got tore up...in the process the computer was shorted..........
Old 07-09-2006, 06:51 AM
Thom
Race Car

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Wink

This is indeed getting very *stealth*.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:57 AM
Diver944
Pro

Originally Posted by Andial951
I allowed the wires to get too close to the alternator and they got tore up.
Before the alternator damaged the wires how was your setup running? Your 2.8 with K27/6, TiAL and 3" exhaust is far from a standard car, did you need custom Chips?

Andrew is normally very good at communicating through email, but have you tried calling him first thing in the morning US time? It will be early afternoon here.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:16 AM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Hi Roger,

I have just returned from 2 weeks in the USA. I have e-mailed SciVision again (yesterday). This was also copied to yourself.

SciVision confirmed they had repaired your damaged MAF computer before I left. I am very disappointed to read that this has still not been resolved.

I will phone SciVision on Monday (they will be at the race track this weekend) to to see where we are with this.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Andrew
Old 07-09-2006, 10:26 AM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Originally Posted by tommye
Andrew,
Any more news on the 1.2 Bar set-up ?
Any results from the tests ?
Any new dyno runs ?

And,
-Are the SciVision chips intended for use with 3 Bar fuel regulator ?
-I understand that original, shimmed wastegate is what you recommend. What about original WG with harder spring or Tial WG ? If I understand right, at full boost at peak power the system operates beyond max scale of the MAF (?) and fixed tables are used (?) So, the type of WG used must be important.

Cheers,
Tommy
Hi Tommy,

I've been away for a few weeks in the USA. Sorry I didn't see your message sooner.

[1] 1.2 bar set-up has been developed. I am awaiting for SciVision to confirm when they have addressed the copyright protection on their software.
[2] No new tests and dyno runs other than those carried out by customers.
[3] 3 bar FPR is recommened for use with SciVision chips along with shimmed wastegate (depends on condition of original).
[4] Wastegate just needs to be able to hold 1.0 bar boost (to the red line). Only single port wastegate can be controlled by cycling valve and KLR.

All,
The SciVision MAF kit is $999.95 including shipping to USA/Can. This fit and go MAF system requires no set-up, is totally stealth (retains standard airbox) and has passed CA visual and smog tests. It is recommended for standard cars (if using the optional Scivision chip set) and also cars with mods (FPR, Dual Port Wastegate and Chipset). We have seen 370bhp in the UK (tested at Thor Racing) using the MAF kit with 55# injectors, LR Super 61 turbo and 1.25 bar boost (also using the standard airbox!).

Regards,
Andrew
Old 07-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by promax_motorsport
Hi Roger,

I have just returned from 2 weeks in the USA. I have e-mailed SciVision again (yesterday). This was also copied to yourself.

SciVision confirmed they had repaired your damaged MAF computer before I left. I am very disappointed to read that this has still not been resolved.

I will phone SciVision on Monday (they will be at the race track this weekend) to to see where we are with this.

Have a good day!

Regards,
Andrew
Andrew,

Thomas at Scivision finally advised that they sent my repaired MAF back via DHL, although he did not give me a tracking number which I requetsed for a couple days ago.
Old 07-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Andial951
Legend Killer
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diver944
Before the alternator damaged the wires how was your setup running? Your 2.8 with K27/6, TiAL and 3" exhaust is far from a standard car, did you need custom Chips?

Andrew is normally very good at communicating through email, but have you tried calling him first thing in the morning US time? It will be early afternoon here.
The car ran very well with the MAF.....much better throttle response and smoother. I was happy with it. I dont think there was much of a power gain (wasnt really expecting much) but right before I got a chance to run it on a dyno I damaged it. When I do get the MAF back I will be installing 55# injectors and then doing another dyno.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 AM
Transaxle
Instructor

Originally Posted by Andial951
Thomas at Scivision finally advised that they sent my repaired MAF back via DHL, although he did not give me a tracking number which I requetsed for a couple days ago.
Roger, I just sent you the information via pm. There seems to be a problem with our email exchange. I guess you should get the unit this week.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:53 PM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

Tom,

Could you share any news on the 1.2 bar set-up ?

When will it be available ?
Old 07-11-2006, 10:15 PM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

marcoturbo,

What does "Guru/promax chips" mean in your sig?
Old 07-12-2006, 03:48 AM
marcoturbo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JDeitz951
marcoturbo,

What does "Guru/promax chips" mean in your sig?
It means I run Guru chips bought at Promax. That's the only reason for "Guru/promax chips".

Promax used to sell Guru chips (without remapping them, I even get Guru decals on my chips), I beleive they no longer sell them.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
JDeitz951
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Got it! Thanks.

Quick Reply: ProMAX SciVision MAF - even more stealth!