Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Suspension reccomendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 04:54 PM
jrda
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension reccomendations

I just recently purchased a 1987 944 turbo from a friends mother.the car is MINT 71,000 original miles It needed a clutch which I put in (what a fun job that was). Im not to familiar with the 944 and what type of upgrades are worthwhile. After changing the clutch in the car and finally driving it I noticed the suspension feels super sloppy. I wanted to get some reccomendations of a decent replacement shock and sway bars to get that wont neccesarily break the bank. Are the KYB GR2 A decent replacement? Are the Factory replacement bilsteins the way to go? should I step up spring weight? is there a upgrade for the torsion bars to make it a bit stiffer. Im not gonna hard core road race the car but may take it to some track days and auto crosses just for fun. Any advice is appreciatted.

Thank you,

JR
Old 03-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Trucho-951
Pro

Try the adjustable yellow "sport" koni's shocks at all four corners; however, the suspension in my 86 didn't come alive untill i installed 250 lb/in front springs and 28 mm rear Torsion bars.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:55 AM
Chas
Pro

the fact that you bought a 951 and changed the clutch...and aren't selling it right now tells me that you will have no problem with working on the car in the future!
Old 03-18-2006, 03:07 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You really need to search for "coil overs", "t-bars", "Koni's", "Paragon" and "bilstein". I'm not trying to be the "use search first guy", what I'm saying is that there are a number of options for all kinds of budgets. There is a good deal to learn before jumping into upgrades, or you run a HIGH risk of being unhappy. You'll find a TON of info searching the above terms as well as just "suspension". Keep your search specific to 924/944/968 cars, and you'll learn a LOT. After that, post a thread with your specific questions, and I as well as many others would be happy to get all of the answers for you. Welcome to Rennlist.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:28 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Don't forget the Ledas..

Quick Reply: Suspension reccomendations