Finally drove the car with the Vitesse MAF and 38mm Tial

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:49 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tommye
You mean that the cone airfilter makes noises???
I can't imagine the MAF itself changing the noise much....
There's a combination of things that increase the noise. Primarily, the shorter intake routing while eliminating all those bends getting to and from the airbox. That route probably goes from 3-4' to about 1' of intake plumbing. Then there's that big cone pulling air from under the hood instead of from the fender cavity, and don't forget the fact that the new MAF is simply a large gaping hole that's *always* open in your intake path instead of that barn-door setup that flaps shut when you get off the throttle.

All those things combine to make the turbo *really* easy to hear, plus you hear a very loud BOV whoosh every time you get out of the gas after being on boost. It all combines to give the driving experience a whole new sensation!
Old 03-21-2006, 02:13 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Already have a 3" turbo back exhaust. Still running the stock K26-8 turbo, I'll keep it till it blows, then get the Vitesse stage 2 turbo.

Funny thing about the suspension, it's the stock turbo S, Greg East was ahead of me in his car when I was doing my boost runs to set the Greddy ebc. He called me and said it was very apparent when I got into it, as my headlites would point up!

Just a little bit of suspension squat under power...
Old 05-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm getting slow boost gains up to 1-bar around 4k, then unending increases beyond that, so that I shift by 4500 or risk overboost. And somebody suggested that I might have my plumbing wrong.

How can I visually tell if my EBC plumbing is wrong? I didn't do the install work myself, so I'm not exactly sure where the parts are or which hoses are which.
Can I convince one of you to take some pictures of the different components and tell me which hose from picture a connects to which hose on picture b?
Thanks.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:16 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 345 Posts

Pics won't help, it's just a bunch of hosing and you won't be able to tell what is going to where. Someone posted a really nice diagram showing how to hook it up here, search for it...

Quick Reply: Finally drove the car with the Vitesse MAF and 38mm Tial