Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

leaks and low idle

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006 | 05:27 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Default leaks and low idle

Well,

My car has def. got some issues right now. As far as I know, the PO replaced all the vacuum lines in this car. At warm idle I am lucky to get 15in/hg. At cruising lifting off throttle I'm lucky to get more than 20in/hg. Idle is rough, and around 700rpm's. There is a hissing near the AFM,but that is normal. There is a hose that seems to be torn up that hooks up to a Bosch part that sits under the intake mani. on the passenger side, near the plugs. Maybe that could be the culprit? No matter how well i seal up the t fitting where I teed in for my boost gauge, the vacuum doesn't et any better. Also, the adjustment screw is not missing from the top of my throttle body, so that can't be it either.

If anybody has any suggestions, it would be a BIG help.

Thanks,

Jared
Old 03-09-2006 | 05:45 PM
KuHL 951
Hey Man
Rennlist Member

Your vac numbers aren't really that bad. I think the part you are talking about might be your ICV or ISV depending on who's talking. It's the idle stabilization (control) valve. If there are bad hoses it will make your car idle poorly, especially on cold first starts of the day. Your idle is low for a 951. Some hissing is normal but don't confuse the sound with a vac leak. You might want to use Ski's write-up and idle adjustment and see if it helps. Make sure you are leak free first.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...=vacuum+delete
Old 03-09-2006 | 06:11 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Yes, that is an interesting thread, I will have to wait until Spring break starts here before I do anything else. The rough idle is what bothers me most!

Quick Reply: leaks and low idle