FS: 951 Wolf3D Standalone EMS w/ Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006, 08:15 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 951 Wolf3D Standalone EMS w/ Turbo

This system is plug and play and is ready to go! It has over 300 dyno pulls worth of tuning invested into the programming of this box. Inclueded is a J&S SafeGuard control unit which replaces the KLR. This is a knock sensing unit that makes adjustments to timing when any degree of knock is detected.

I am including the turbo with this sale because I want to save the potential buyer on any additional tuning that may/will be required if a different one is used. I have the EMS' boost settings set for 15 psi, but the maps are built to accomdate up to 20 psi.

The turbo included has a 60 trim compressor wheel with bullet, T04E w/ 3" inlet and 2" outlet, #8 cm2 housing and Stg 2 turbine wheel. It spins freely, no shaft play and doesn't have any oil blowby.

I will be including a boost control solenoid and IAT sensor with wire loom with this package. The functionality of this system is leaps and bounds ahead of any piggyback system available for the 951. The software is very easy to navigate and is very capable.

I'm looking for $3700 for the package or BO. Let me know what you guys think.

Last edited by Pauerman; 03-09-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-08-2006, 09:04 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How do you like the SafeGuard? Good, bad, so so? Single channel, multichannel with wastedspark and such?
Old 03-08-2006, 10:31 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

in addition, how did you like that turbo, particularly how was the spoolup/power with the #8 hotside and stg2 wheel?
Old 03-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by theedge
How do you like the SafeGuard? Good, bad, so so? Single channel, multichannel with wastedspark and such?
According to the guy who put the standalone together, he is very happy with the capabilitites of the J&S box and highly recommends them. He claims that the J&S knock box is a very good tuning tool. This kit is using a single channel box and is configured to plug directly into a factory harness running a stock dizzy and single coil.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
in addition, how did you like that turbo, particularly how was the spoolup/power with the #8 hotside and stg2 wheel?
I just drove the car on a 1500 mile trek and can say that the turbo pulls strong to redline. Even with the header crack I just found, the turbo made 15 lbs by 3400 RPM.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:55 AM
eospeed
Racer

How much for the standalone an the knock box only.An why are you selling it?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eospeed
How much for the standalone an the knock box only.An why are you selling it?
How's $3250 for the standalone and knock box.

I picked this track car with the Wolf3D already installed. This is a project car for me and my intensions are to install a different EMS system that I've been working on into the car.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:50 PM
SoloRacer
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Does it come with the hand controller? Also, is all the wiring and sensors there (ie: crank trigger, etc.)?
Old 03-09-2006, 12:57 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoloRacer
Does it come with the hand controller? Also, is all the wiring and sensors there (ie: crank trigger, etc.)?
No hand controller included. All tuning can be done through PC laptop.

This system plugs directly into the factory KLR and DME harness. It uses the factory crank triggers, operates in batch fire mode and is set up for single coil w/ stock distributor. The turbo is masking the DME connection in the pic - don't know if this causing any confusion.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:09 PM
eospeed
Racer

Originally Posted by Pauerman
How's $3250 for the standalone and knock box.

I picked this track car with the Wolf3D already installed. This is a project car for me and my intensions are to install a different EMS system that I've been working on into the car.

Brand new its only 3500 an you didnt even buy it!I will give you 2750 for it today if you like.

Erik
Old 03-09-2006, 01:22 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Brand new its only 3500 an you didnt even buy it!I will give you 2750 for it today if you like.

Erik
Dont forget the tuning hours. This would form a solid basis even if your car is different. Better starting place than nothing

And thanks for the input on the J&S, ive been thinking about getting one. Ill see how the MegaSquirt does with handling the knock first.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:28 PM
Joseph Imports
Instructor

Erik
Old 03-09-2006, 02:00 PM
eospeed
Racer

I realize it comes with a base map thats not a problem for me to setup a base map an get over to the dyno to tune it.Base map an get it fired up on a standalone should take mabe ehh 2-3 hours or less if you know what your doing.Im not trting to start **** I just made an offer so take it or leave it no hard feelings here.

Erik
Old 03-09-2006, 02:02 PM
eospeed
Racer

Originally Posted by Joseph Imports

Oh an nice hair cut where can I get a nice melon buff like that
Old 03-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Pauerman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Erik
Erik,

I bought the bloody car and the cost of the system was factored into the price. So, one way or another, I paid for the system.

This box doesn't just have a base map for you to just start the car - it's fully programmed! The previous owner invested $2000 - say again - $2000 for tuning this system on a dyno and on the street. That's over and above the $3500 purchase price. So if you really think about my asking price and factor in the prgramming time, the superior functionality of a standalone EMS and a turbo to boot, I really feel that $3700 is a screaming deal.

I think I'm going to pass on your offer - thanks for your interest.

Quick Reply: FS: 951 Wolf3D Standalone EMS w/ Turbo