944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Stock car + LBE + Tial 38 = Any good?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2006 | 03:38 AM
Peedster
Racer

Default Stock car + LBE + Tial 38 = Any good?

Hi guys!

I´m offered a lindsey boost enhancer at a good price and wonder if it will do any good in my stock car with a Tial 38 wg?
I want fast spoolup since i plan to do alot of autox and stuff.
The car is a 87 951

Will they work together? Since i'm stock, will I still experience the boost spikes i've read about?

Thanks
/Peter
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:46 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

If you want to reduce spoolup time you would want to get a set of chips mapped for a MBC and the Tial, then get rid of the cylcing vavle. The cycling valve is what slows up the response.
Old 03-08-2006 | 03:47 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

I'm sure if you want, it is not ideal but can work. Just disconnect the cycling valve and run the LBE directly to the WG. Once again, this is not ideal but it works and you will feel the turbo come on much earlier.
Old 03-08-2006 | 04:12 AM
Peedster
Racer

I don't want to raise the boost with the lbe or chips, just reduce lag on the stock engine.
is this possible with the tial and lbe together?
My engine burns oil so therefor i'm wating for more upgrades til next winter when i'll rebuild it.
What does the cycling valve do and where is it?

The second tip, is this risky in any way? What would be the effect of this not ideal procedure?

Thanks
/Peter
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:40 AM
daniel951
Race Car

Originally Posted by Peedster
I don't want to raise the boost with the lbe or chips, just reduce lag on the stock engine.
is this possible with the tial and lbe together?
My engine burns oil so therefor i'm wating for more upgrades til next winter when i'll rebuild it.
What does the cycling valve do and where is it?

The second tip, is this risky in any way? What would be the effect of this not ideal procedure?

Thanks
/Peter
the cycling valve is basically a stock boost controller.
Old 03-08-2006 | 09:44 AM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

The LBE will reduce spool up slightly. If you are already having some issues (burning oil), I wouldn't recommend making anymore changes until you can fix it. However, set for stock boost, the LBE will make a small noticable difference.
Old 03-08-2006 | 05:10 PM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Cycling valve is under the intake manifold toward the back of it. Circular piece with a wire connection on the top and three ports out the front of it.
Old 03-08-2006 | 10:18 PM
promax_motorsport
Racer

Default SciVision KLR/DME 1.0 bar chips

Originally Posted by Peedster
Hi guys!

I´m offered a lindsey boost enhancer at a good price and wonder if it will do any good in my stock car with a Tial 38 wg?
I want fast spoolup since i plan to do alot of autox and stuff.
The car is a 87 951

Will they work together? Since i'm stock, will I still experience the boost spikes i've read about?

Thanks
/Peter
Hi Peter,

We can provide a safe electronic solution to fast spool up using a single port wastegate (or Tial 38 in sp mode). The SciVision KLR/DME chips simulate the boost enhancer effect by switching the cycling valve to block the air signal to the wastegate and allow boost to build to 1.0 bar. This is similar to the effect of a Dual Port Wastegate but with the added security of the factory overboost protect and knock detect.

These chips are designed to exploit the SciVision MAF solution but can be used on cars with AFM too. It is recommended to use them with 2 wastegate shims (2mm) and a 3.0 bar FPR. Can be used with 2.5 bar FPR, but power will be limited.

The chips are good for at least +35bhp and 50lbft torque and significantly reduce turbo lag (300bhp with SciVision MAF kit). Also - no boost spikes as you retain full elctronic control as Porsche intended! NOTE: The standard software limits boost by venting the air signal to the wastegate dropping maximum boost from 0.75bar to 0.5bar by 5,000 rpm (on 220 cars). The standard software also switches the cyling valve to slow the build up of boost - hence the lag.

All these issues are properly addressed with the SciVision chipset. Coming soon will be a 1.2 bar chipset with 1.5 bar KLR MAP sensor mod!

Regards,
Andrew
www.promaxmotorsport.com

Last edited by promax_motorsport; 03-08-2006 at 10:22 PM. Reason: SciVision KLR/DME 1.0 bar chips

Quick Reply: Stock car + LBE + Tial 38 = Any good?