Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 06:22 PM
smlporsche
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Question on the AIR Splitter instal

HELP !!

I can't get the &$@% bumper off !

I've removed the screws on the sides and the lower valance but the bumper seems to be attached somewhere in the center - top and I can't find any thing there.

For those of you that have done it PLEASE help!

I have an '89 S2 and I checked the thread on the install but it didn't help.

Thanks.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:45 PM
OriginalSterm
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all lights disconnected? there were 2 M10 bolts holding the bumper cover to the ducting to the radiator that might still be attached, did you have those?
Old 03-07-2006, 06:47 PM
daniel951
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just recently pulled the bumper off and i didn't see u mentioned u pulled the side bolts out. U have to pull the turbo signals out of the sides of the bumper and there is a bolt or two that ties into the bumper and body then it should come out with all the lights disconnected
Old 03-07-2006, 06:59 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Multiple things have to be removed

1: The batwing must come off, or it must de disconnected from the underpan, and the brake ducts.

2: You must remove the tow hook plastic cover (if you have it) and any screws that are holding the intercooler/radiator/air intake ducts in place.

3: Behind the wheel well cover, on each side of the bumper, there is a bracket with 3 bolts (on each side) these need to come off.

4: You must pull out the bumper a little bit at this point, just enough to reach in disconnect the two foglights and two turn signals. (and sidemarkers if you have them...)

5: If you cannot remove the bumper at this point, check to see where it's catching..
It's most likely catching on one of the air ducts by the licence plate, or on the bottom by the brake ducts.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:54 AM
jerome951
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

There are also some spring clips in the center, upper section of the bumper that will make it feel like it's being held on by screws in this area. If the cover is free on the sides and bottom, gently pull directly forward and the clips should come free.

Quick Reply: Question on the AIR Splitter instal