Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

951 issues and a BONUS inpiring story!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 09:24 AM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Jerad
Alan, glad to see you finally posted the story! Take it easy on the boost until the oil pressure drops to ~3 bar on idle. I know its tough sometimes, but take it easy until the engine warms up. Regarding the boost you're seeing, a chip alone will not increase the boost. There must be some kind of boost controller to increase the boost. The Autothority chip kit included a jetted banjo bolt that increased the boost as well as the Performance Products chips that were in my car when I bought it. I then switched over to Guru chips with the reliaboost and a stock banjo bolt. If you want, I have a new boost gauge (I think its Autometer) that I never installed. If you want I will sell it to you for $30 shipped, I think it was ~$50 new from SFR. I also have the Perm. Products chips I'll send those for free because I messed up the pins when I removed them. Some of the pins are bent but they are all there and you could probably straighten them out.
Jerad! Hey man, thanks for your help. Any luck selling yours? Hopefully you've changed your mind; that car is awesome.

Sure I'll buy the gauge from you. Will I need to buy anything else to get it working? How about the chips; are they safe to install without any hardware changes, like a boost controller, etc? Send me your paypal or whatever.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:56 PM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Boy, It seems you have a lot of issues with this car. Why don't you ship it out to me for 1 months time. I will fully restore it for you to brand new like condition and send it back free of charge. No I will not except any money for my hard work and parts because I know they are going to be with a wonderful porsche owner. Edit post: You must have some kind of horseshoe up your a$$. Nobody ever gave me anything without any string attached. Good luck, Nice story.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What part of Indiana are you in, I am in Findlay OH and have a good shop in town who might be able to lend a hand.

Wolf Pack 88 951
Old 02-20-2006, 01:14 AM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Boy, It seems you have a lot of issues with this car. Why don't you ship it out to me for 1 months time. I will fully restore it for you to brand new like condition and send it back free of charge. No I will not except any money for my hard work and parts because I know they are going to be with a wonderful porsche owner. Edit post: You must have some kind of horseshoe up your a$$. Nobody ever gave me anything without any string attached. Good luck, Nice story.
See, now that's the kind of response I expected. I'm from NJ, and nobody gives anybody anything out there except the bird. People are nicer in the midwest. You'd probably get something for free too if you moved out here (not sure where you're from).
Old 02-20-2006, 09:50 AM
vt951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Wolf Pack
What part of Indiana are you in, I am in Findlay OH and have a good shop in town who might be able to lend a hand.

Wolf Pack 88 951
I'm right near Cincinnati. What's the name of the shop? Thanks.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:58 AM
Cliff Ruckstuhl
Burning Brakes

It is Autobahn Garage and the owner is Tab Tanner 419 957 7210. He is looking into a Dyno run for a few car's in the Columbus area if your interested. We live in Findlay and that is where his shop is but a few of the guys interested in the Dyno run live in Columbus area.

Cliff
Old 02-20-2006, 12:42 PM
lleroyb
Burning Brakes

Cincy, wow what good fortune!

You may have a shimmed wastegate to get those boost levels, assuming the gauge is right. See attached.

Lou
Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2006, 12:56 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Cincy951: I'll post the shelby pics when i get the car out of the garage. Its a little dusty.lol

Quick Reply: 951 issues and a BONUS inpiring story!