Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LM1-1 AFR data on my 320rwhp 951

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 11:27 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please let me know how you like the 6 puck clutch. A friend of mine has one in a VW Jetta and its much too "on-off" forme. Not easy to engage gradually.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:28 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
. I am going to change it with a stage 2 Kep PP and bronze 6 puck disc. I am praying that it will not chatter.
Hee, Hee , Hee, Ok we will see Hee. Hee!

www.tpgproducts.com
Old 02-09-2006, 02:31 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by A.Wayne
Hee, Hee , Hee, Ok we will see Hee. Hee!

www.tpgproducts.com
special tool is currently running that set up and has had no chatter issues at all. The spec pp's are pretty well known for their chatter.
Old 02-09-2006, 03:34 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by johntorg
Jimbo, Sorry, I thought I read somewhere that it affects the entire range. I will turn down the fuel pressure.

The low does affect the entire range, but since you are bottomed out on the High ****, turning the fuel pressure down should give you a little more control over the shape of the a/f curve.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:52 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ehall
special tool is currently running that set up and has had no chatter issues at all. The spec pp's are pretty well known for their chatter.

Ehall - mine makes noise!
but I don't have springs.
It is VERY easy to modulate, however.
Because the copper/ceramic is very heat tolerant, you can slip this disk all day long. The Kep PP is also MUCH easier to modulate than the Spec, The Spec sacrifices pedal feel for ease of engagement - I don't like that (neither does anyone else who tried it).
Old 02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Looks like i can also increase the boost to get rid of some of the richness. New axle arrived today. I will install it tomorrow and resume testing. Jimbo..Any Idea if the Guru chip and the turbo can support 20 lbs. Its currently at 18lbs. Fuel shouldn't be a problem. Timing?????
Old 02-09-2006, 08:21 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Hally replied "John, your fuel curve is looking pretty nice, it seems like you are quite close to having your car setup well with the gear that you have. Guru chips have multiple injector sizing supprt via the FQS switch" I don't know where the post went but am interested in Knowing the settings for the FQS Switch.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:26 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"low (which affects all rpm ranges)"

Not sure about that one....
Old 02-10-2006, 10:30 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

"Keep in mind that the chips you have are designed for stock injectors. Your injectors are 52lb."

Well ,that would be why your HIGH is all the way back

I assumed you adjusted your FQS to the 52# setting.

I am also on the stock injector setting, but I am only running 42#.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:58 AM
jimbo1111
Banned

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Don't play with the fsq. Bin there done that. It doesn't work like you think. Scaling back the injectors will only limit there output to stock injector flow. Running 20psi might be unsafe. I would stick with 17psi on 93 octane. With colder weather you can run maybe 18psi. Don't risk it. If you are out of tune or your a/f you will blow her up. That car was very fast at 17psi. I suggest you be very careful on public roads. Better yet take it to the dyno. I would hate to here of some kind of tragedy. Don't under estimate that cars power.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:25 AM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Car was set to 18lbs when I got it. Of course the weather is pretty cold here, but not as cold as the Northeast. I will leave it there as per your suggestion. Since the fuel can be controlled by the pressure regulator and the ARC2, I assume you mean that the timing may not be good for anything beyond 18lbs. I have just bought a set of 72lb injectors and was gong to try them with the current chip. Are you saying that the Guru advertised switch settings don't work on the chip you had? Do you know what version it is? Is anyone using 72lb injectors and Guru chips? I have the setting from another post and it looks like FQS setting 7 should be for 72lb and minus 2 degrees of timing.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:50 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Well, if he was running GURU 18's then should be safe.

Although I wish there was some consences on "safe" boost levels. As it was always "1 bar" then plenty went past that and now some here are running 20+ for a long time and no problems. Does that mean it is safe as long as tuned right or they have just been lucky so far?
Old 02-10-2006, 12:17 PM
johntorg
Rennlist Member

Thanks Todd, Jimbo and everyone else. I'm sorry if I am being dense, but there is a lot of information, some of it conflicting, to sort through, and I am new to the 951 scene. Since I have an LM-1 and know how to use it, I clearly wouldn't push the car until the AFR at boost was sorted out. Timing is still a mystery, with no easy way to log it. That is why I am looking to see if anyone has some results using 72lb injectors on the GURU chips. I will either go with Vitesse or a standalone for future development, but I would like to see what the current setup is capable of. Target is 375 to 400 HPfor the future.

The VW big turbo scene is much simpler in terms of which turbo is capable of what performance. Of course there are a lot more examples out there running. Jimbo's old car (my new car) has an SFR stage 2 turbo with stage 3 turbine. Franky I haven't a clue what that is equivalent to in stock (off the shelf) turbo terms, although Jimbo said that its a T04B with a ball bearing on one side. You also said that it should be replaced to get the HP range i'm looking for. A lot of the the 951 tuners sell their own "branded" turbos at prices in excess of similarly sized off the shelf units. I will go with an off the shelf unit to keep my costs down, but could really use some guidance.

Thanks to alll for your patience in guiding me through my period of adjustment to the 951.
Old 02-10-2006, 12:31 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by toddk911
"low (which affects all rpm ranges)"

Not sure about that one....
It does, but the ARC2 never even knows the RPM of the motor. It just takes the MAF signal, adjusts it to look like an AFM signal, and sends it to the DME. The LOW signal justs adds a fixed offset to the signal. At a given setting for example, it might ad .2 volts to signal going to the DME. So, you can see it will have much more impact at idle than at WOT. For example, if the low **** is adding .2 volts accross the range, it would add 33% to an idle signal of .6volts, but would only add only 5% to a WOT signal of 4volts. Of course, the chips don't necessarily react in a linear way to the voltage (like tax brackets), but you get the idea.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:10 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Ok, Tom I gotcha now.

Wow, then no wonder it is so hard to nail down a good a/f with the ARC2.

Quick Reply: LM1-1 AFR data on my 320rwhp 951