Wide Fire Ring Headgasket modified

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wide Fire Ring Headgasket modified

Rennlist classifieds has an ad for a Wide Fire Ring Headgasket modified
I called and asked what the modification was? They told me all they do is add additional holes to the gasket to aid in cooling they supposed to have copied the Turbo RS headgasket design.

Does anyone have any experience with this modified gasket?

Thanks,
Old 02-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Lindesy does this I believe...as may others...
Old 02-08-2006, 01:20 AM
m42racer
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Would you be so kind as to tell me how this works? More holes in the Gasket loweres the temperature? I don't understand. Maybe I'm missing something here. Adding more holes will lower the block pressure which could raise the temperature in the Block. Adding more holes will lower the volume of water passed up around the #4 cylinder and increase the chance of pockets of air trapped or not purged out towrds the outlet in the head. Isn't known that the stock Gaskets seem to fail around # 4 Cylinder. We want more water there to stop the hot spots from creating. Won't the extra holes work against this?
Old 02-08-2006, 02:28 AM
Buckaroo Banzi
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by m42racer
Would you be so kind as to tell me how this works? More holes in the Gasket loweres the temperature? I don't understand. Maybe I'm missing something here. Adding more holes will lower the block pressure which could raise the temperature in the Block. Adding more holes will lower the volume of water passed up around the #4 cylinder and increase the chance of pockets of air trapped or not purged out towrds the outlet in the head. Isn't known that the stock Gaskets seem to fail around # 4 Cylinder. We want more water there to stop the hot spots from creating. Won't the extra holes work against this?
What I am being told is that for $115 dollars twice the price of a standard Wide Fire gasket they cut strategically placed holes identical to the Turbo RS head gasket which is supposed to improve cooling.

Does it really improve cooling or is it just some more marketing BS that’s what I am trying to find out?
Old 02-08-2006, 06:17 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look at the Cometic gasket, it has coolant holes running accross all cylinders.

Sounds like it is the same concept

Quick Reply: Wide Fire Ring Headgasket modified