"Boost enhancer" required?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 08:51 PM
jtorre4272
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Boost enhancer" required?

Hi all,

I was reading about all the hype Lindsey Racing's "boost enhancer" has generated over the years and was wondering whether I would see a performance enhancement over what I have now...

First of all, my 89 951 drives like it has virtually no lag at all. I smoke tires in first, second and sometimes 3rd with no traction in sight. Tasteful mods.

Anyway, I am running a Tial 46mm dual port wastegate, 3" stainless exhaust, cat delete, Lindsey manual boost controller and a K26-8. I am simply wondering if the Tial wastegate would benefit from the "boost enhancer" or if its design already keeps the wastegate closed "adequately" until high boost levels are attained.

I am just a bit scheptical that an $89 gadget will help me considering I use a $500 wastegate already.

Any thoughts? I could use them.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:59 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

The manual boost controller trumps the boost enhancer. You have no need for it. It is designed to be used with the CV (and possibly with a WG in single port mode). Since you have the MBC, I take it you removed the CV.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:04 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Youve already got a boost control system (the manual controller). The Boost Enhancer is basically an easy to install manual boost controller, so it wont benefit you much.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
jtorre4272
Intermediate

Yes, I removed the stock control valve, so my boost controller directly pressurizes against the backside of the Tial Wg diaphragm.

Thanks for the quick advice. Looks like you guys saved me from blowing $89.

Next question...I am still running the stock BOV. New, nevertheless, but since I am only running 18PSI of boost, any thoughts on whether I should worry about boost pressure causing the spring to purge pressure back into the intake? I was looking at some fancy valves, but was wondering if they were for applications with much higher boost than I am running.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

The rubber diaphram can fail so a popular upgrade is the 930 diverter. For those that don't care about stock appearances, the Forge DV is a very nice aluminum and rebuildable unit.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:10 AM
TheRealLefty
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paragon sells a nice black anodized billet diverter that is a dead ringer (at a glance) for the OE plastic piece...it has close tolerance Redline lubricated valve IIRC. Love those stealth mods. Factory BOV's are quite suspect, even when new or near new, I've been told.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
UK952
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jtorre4272
Hi all,

I was reading about all the hype Lindsey Racing's "boost enhancer" has generated over the years and was wondering whether I would see a performance enhancement over what I have now...

First of all, my 89 951 drives like it has virtually no lag at all. I smoke tires in first, second and sometimes 3rd with no traction in sight. Tasteful mods.

Anyway, I am running a Tial 46mm dual port wastegate, 3" stainless exhaust, cat delete, Lindsey manual boost controller and a K26-8. I am simply wondering if the Tial wastegate would benefit from the "boost enhancer" or if its design already keeps the wastegate closed "adequately" until high boost levels are attained.

I am just a bit scheptical that an $89 gadget will help me considering I use a $500 wastegate already.

Any thoughts? I could use them.
Stickier rear tires?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:20 AM
jtorre4272
Intermediate

Running Potenza S02's now! Best street tires I have ever used.

Quick Reply: "Boost enhancer" required?