Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Iceshark Supplemental Pos. pictures anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 03:44 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
I frankly this it might be a tad easier to pull it off but WTFDIK
I am sure either way there will be some swearing :-)
No doubt. Compared to, say, connecting the clutch slave hose to the master cylinder, I didn't think this was all bad.

Saying anything on a 944 "isn't too bad" is a relative term, of course.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:01 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1
No doubt. Compared to, say, connecting the clutch slave hose to the master cylinder, I didn't think this was all bad.

Saying anything on a 944 "isn't too bad" is a relative term, of course.
That's my next project .... Tom said it was a PITA but I thought he was reffering to the bleeding part of the job
Any insight would be appreciated
Old 01-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Red1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
That's my next project .... Tom said it was a PITA but I thought he was reffering to the bleeding part of the job
Any insight would be appreciated
The bleeding was cake. Having a motive bleeder made it so since I work alone most of the time.

There was a good thread about a year ago on the main 944 board about the clutch slave and master cylinder. If you can't find it I'll be glad to help, but the clutch master is definitely worth some choice swear words. A good set of wobble-sockets, insert magnets and flare wrenches really helped me on that job. Attaching the slave cylinder line to the master cylinder requires a 12mm flare wrench, IIRC, and a lot of patience.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Red1
The bleeding was cake. Having a motive bleeder made it so since I work alone most of the time.

There was a good thread about a year ago on the main 944 board about the clutch slave and master cylinder. If you can't find it I'll be glad to help, but the clutch master is definitely worth some choice swear words. A good set of wobble-sockets, insert magnets and flare wrenches really helped me on that job. Attaching the slave cylinder line to the master cylinder requires a 12mm flare wrench, IIRC, and a lot of
patience.
Thanks Brian
Attaching the slave cylinder line to the master cylinder requires a 12mm flare wrench, IIRC
Is that the same wrench size as one would use on the brake caliper bleed nipple ?
If so I have a set of those
I will search
thx again
Old 02-05-2006, 12:17 AM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Well, I finally got all the cables in and the car buttoned up today. The supplemental positive went in much easier than I expected. Ended up replacing the alternator and battery too, since my alternator had eaten a paper towel and my battery had blister bubbles in the top plastic. The starter has never spun so fast!
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Iceshark Supplemental Pos. pictures anyone?