Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vacuum lines under manifold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 12:56 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum lines under manifold?

Hi everyone! I was just curious what everyone else does as far as replacing the factory vacuum lines under the intake manifold that connect to the hard pipes and idle stabilizer valve, etc.? I called Paragon and they said that they have to special order those lines from Porsche and that they are very expensive.

I wouldn't mind doing away with the crankcase ventilation to the intake, however I feel there should still be a vacuum source to draw out the crankcase vapors.

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:00 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

I used the venturi delete kit available from Paragon, Lindsey, MySwiss, etc. Very much worth it. I still have the crankcase plugged to the intake but used a $10 hose from NAPA.

LINK
Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
I used the venturi delete kit available from Paragon, Lindsey, MySwiss, etc. Very much worth it. I still have the crankcase plugged to the intake but used a $10 hose from NAPA.

LINK
Could you explain this kit a little further? So the only hose this does not replace under the manifold is the crankcase to intake?
Old 01-10-2006, 01:19 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Do you plan to continue using the CV or are you putting in a MBC?

If you plan to use the CV, you'll need a hose that runs from the hard pipe to the CV in addition to the kit.

The venturi is a group of hard lines under the intake that the crank breather, CV, and ICV all plugged into. The rubber lines associated with it get hard and brittle from age and heat cycles which leads to vacuum leaks. Replacing all this crap is a popular upgrade most often done when installing a MBC and deleteing the CV.

Of the 3 lines in the kit, one connects the intake manifold to the brake booster, one connects the intake manifold to the ICV, and the last runs from the ICV to the J boot.

What this leaves out is the crank breather. Again, I just used a cheap line from NAPA that had a 3/4" ID and a 90 deg bend in it.

If you are installing a MBC, it should come with all the lines you need to eliminate the CV. If not, you'll need to add one more hose from the turbo outlet hard pipe to the CV.

Do a search for 'venturi delete' and you'll find a bunch of instruction and photos.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:45 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

Thanks! That is exactly what I was hoping to hear in response. My car does not use the CV and never has in my ownership, so I just wanted to be sure I would be ordering the right thing.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also installed Laust's vacuum manifold when I installed this "kit". Cleans up the engine bay and makes it easier to troubleshoot leaks.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:33 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by schnellfahrer
I also installed Laust's vacuum manifold when I installed this "kit". Cleans up the engine bay and makes it easier to troubleshoot leaks.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where is Laust these days? I want to order a couple of those.

Quick Reply: Vacuum lines under manifold?