Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Anyone tried gettign the MSD 7 to work?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 05:22 AM
snappy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried gettign the MSD 7 to work?

Anyone tried getting this beast to work on our cars?
I see it has an option to do "Traction Control"

It looks at the RPM and when it spike to quickly it will hold back and ramp up the rpm slowly. They actually developed it for speedboats but it seems to to work like a charm on cars.

I heard talk of people working on the megasquirt project that might be working on a board that does this.

Would simplify the geared boost stages.
Beats trying to add speed sensors to the wheels. Anyone else know of another solution for Traction Control on our cars?
Old 01-07-2006, 07:08 AM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I cant remember the name of the company - in the UK. Gave me a price around $1200, but you have to do some wheel speed sensor fab if you don't have ABS.

If enough people wanted it, I am sure TT could make it with John at Vitesse, using factory ABS and Motronic, but it would take some nagging.

Also - forget the MSD - it only shuts off the ignition. It is VERY hard on your turbo. I wouldn't have to convince you - once you heard it shut off your ignition at high revs on YOUR 951, you would be taking it off immediately.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:49 PM
snappy
Racer

does it not pulse it rapidly like a staging limiter. I heard a clip of NHRA car running one, and it sounded normal, I could not hear it kick out or even pulsing. I know it can do a GOB llaod of timing related stuff as well.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:33 AM
TT
Racer

Originally Posted by special tool
I cant remember the name of the company - in the UK. Gave me a price around $1200, but you have to do some wheel speed sensor fab if you don't have ABS.

If enough people wanted it, I am sure TT could make it with John at Vitesse, using factory ABS and Motronic, but it would take some nagging.

Also - forget the MSD - it only shuts off the ignition. It is VERY hard on your turbo. I wouldn't have to convince you - once you heard it shut off your ignition at high revs on YOUR 951, you would be taking it off immediately.
Actually I've already discussed this with John in relation to the WS box. You were probably checking out the Racelogic system. The idea is to connect the racelogic traction control system to the WS box and drop alternate ignitions up to full ignition cut depending on the traction control signal.

Quick Reply: Anyone tried gettign the MSD 7 to work?