Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

More pics of 944t.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 05:44 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More pics of 944t.

Here are some engine pics of the car. and some interior and the exhaust. i paid 10,000 for the car. I though with a rebuilt motor with 1000 miles on it and 82,000 on the chasis it was a fair deal. The rebuild also has new clutch. The only thing i have to do is get a new radiator. the car was sitting for awhile and after driving it for about 500 miles i found a small leak in the radiator. Everything else seems pretty sound.
Attached Images         
Old 01-05-2006, 05:53 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple of things. If the engine was rebuilt about 1k ago, the timimg belt needs to be rechecked for proper tension. It also appears that you have either stock or rubber fuel lines. They need to go asap. Get some braided fuel lines. These may be covered under recall. You'll have to have someone else chime in on that, but they are a scary weak spot in our cars. I would also suggest that if you have the factory air box, you may want to replace the cone filter because of its position without any venting. I don't think the scoop is close enough to cool that area, but I'm purely speculating. Otherwise it looks damned nice. WTG! Welcome to RL.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:00 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

PM me if you need a radiator. I've got a new aluminum one or I can sell you my used stock one when I put the new one in. Let me know.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Sounds like a good buy -- interior looks great. Curious to see corrosion and rusty bolts on the water pump on a 1k mile motor, but I may just be spoiled in CA. There is a cheap replaceable plastic fitting on the radiator that often leaks -- make sure that's not your problem before replacing the whole thing. If you do need a radiator, there are likely many good used ones available here -- this board just completed a group buy on upgraded radiators a while back.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:02 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yep. There are probably something like 40 used radiators available on this board.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:39 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

The mechanic who did the rebuild is a freind of mine . The car was sitting with very little driving after the rebuild. about 2 yrs. I guess that is why the rust is there. I no when i purchased the car it was after the first snow storm this yr and i had to clear it out of almost a 1ft of snow. i would think that with the scoupe if it was left out side for 2 yrs you would get some surface rust. Specially in NY.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:26 PM
95Juan
Mexican Ambassador
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

gotta love burgundy interiors.

it's a nice sunny day today, i think the p-car deserves some road time.

either way- what tires are those?

i want those wheels, now that i see them on a 951, they fill out the wheel wells REALLY nicely.

are those the 928 sewer covers?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:59 PM
JBrown
Rennlist Member

the previous owener used the car for a few DE events. The car is lowered(as far as i know). I think the rims are 928. I would lov to put a set of 94 911 turbo rims on the car but those will have to do for now. I dont know what kind of tires they are i will ck tomarrow. I no they are somekind of racing tires. I do not lov them right now(i am in winter here in NY). They make to much road noise. The ride is firm and very solid feeling. I like it alot. It is a very easy car to drive next to the 911 turbo.

Quick Reply: More pics of 944t.