Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Intercooler Sprayer

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 11:20 PM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My issues with this.

1) You will get much more cooling by using nitrous in the intake track as you have less heat losses when going from multiple media

2) If you are spraying the nitrous into the engine compartment, be careful. You may suck some into the intake (depending upon where you pickup) and that will cause you to run lean as you actually are getting some nitrous. Not good if that were to happen.

-Dana
Old 01-04-2006, 01:09 AM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where the info came from that there is alot of heat soak with the stock IC, and "it has very limited air flow and traps alot of heat"

The stock IC setup is one of the better ones on a production car. The only time you have to worry about heat soak is when you track it on hot days. In any other situation, any kind of IC sprayer is useless. The vented nose thing is also useless!

As was already rightfully said, nitrous lasts only a very short time and there would be only minimal gains for drag only (then you might as well inject into the engine, where it belongs).

Yes, closed nitrous system will do nothing.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:57 PM
IPSC
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am gonna dig up an OLD thread here. For the aplication of doing DEs with a street car and running something like a 20 mintue track session would something like this, possibly running off of a CO2 spray not have some decent benifits?

When I ran at Robling Road last Septmeber it was hot as Hell and at the end of the afternoon track session the IC piping was WAY to hot to touch and I could feel the heat through the header panel radiating out of the IC. So my thoughts are that for something like a track sesion why not?

IPSC

Last edited by IPSC; 04-14-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STI's has them

Quick Reply: Intercooler Sprayer