Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Regarding "there is no replacement for dis..." and track vs street engines

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 10:16 PM
shaheed
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

difference in interpretation i guess, in my mind if you have a car that requires higher octane fuel and if you can't get it and the car can't perform properly that meets the criteria of a track only car.

but if you have a car that likes the high octane stuff but then can adjust just fine if it's not available, albeit at a bit less power, why is that not a street car? it's not like it's disabled if the high octane stuff is not available.

Originally Posted by Duke
It's a difficult question, and I do think your numbers are "valid" with the above information.

But to each and his own, and to me it really comes down to availability. Race fuel in most countries are only available in whole barrells and not through pumps.
Say for instance if I have a girlfriend, I want to able to take my street 951 to visit her parents 200 km away and still have access to whatever HP-number I claim for my "street" car.
Not having to worry about ordering 2 barrells of VP 2 weeks ahead just to able to have all my horses ready for THE race (late Lambo, Ferrari or whatever) that might appear on a a highway half way there.

If I in that very situation only have access to 65% of the HP I claim for my "street" car only because I use regular pump gas (as any "street" car) I would have a hard time justify my glorious race gas numbers.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:42 PM
Skunk Workz
Pro

My opinion is that if you cannot go on a 1000-mile round trip anywhere,on an instant notice,and fill the car at any gas station without lowering the boost or constantly worrying about blowing the engine up due to the fact it just can't handle it's peak every-day round-the-block boost setting then the "real street RWHP" that you have is what you can have as a peak on the round trip.

Also,pump gas is unleaded 93. I know there are places you can buy tougher juice from a pump,but the highest I know of that is available most anywhere in the world,not just in the US,is 93 (R+M)/2. That is,you guys have 93. We have 92.5. Fair deal.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:58 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think its funny people have problems with race gas #s

hell its not like people are trying to pass them off as pump gas #'s. If it makes the # it makes it. Its the guys crying next to you that made 50 less that bring up that kind of bs. Well its not a street car its a track only car cause you have race fuel and I dont....so thats not fair.

anyways no one is re inventing the wheel here everyone is putting their spin on the same old thing. Why cant people just enjoy the car for what it is and not be so concerned about everything else.

I guess my car is a track only car too since I have had meth injection on it.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:00 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I get 100 octane from the pump two blocks from my house. I can take a trip anywhere I want without changing anything.
I love Sunoco!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:02 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ehall
I get 100 octane from the pump two blocks from my house. I can take a trip anywhere I want without changing anything.
I love Sunoco!
not fair you have race fuel and I dont....your #'s dont matter because its a track car
Old 12-19-2005, 11:03 PM
TurboTommy
Rennlist Member

Duke,
I agree with you; You might even know that I've used the same arguements in past threads.
The best way to look at this, and if you're honest to yourself, wheather or not you have true street horsepower: you should be able to compare yourself to stock supercars (ferraris, vipers, vettes, 911 turbos, etc). They can drive anywhere (well not snow), gas up anywhere, and always have the same power (except elevation changes), and never worry about doing a top speed run without blowing up. If you can say the same for your car, then your hp is real.

I guess, therefore, any kind of supplementary injection would be acceptable because, unless you travel at full throttle the whole way, you wouldn't run out even if you drove across the country.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:06 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

not fair you have race fuel and I dont....your #'s dont matter because its a track car

it's never even driven by a track, unless the runway counts.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
i think its funny people have problems with race gas #s

hell its not like people are trying to pass them off as pump gas #'s. If it makes the # it makes it. Its the guys crying next to you that made 50 less that bring up that kind of bs. .
I dont' think its a matter of race gas. Your right, who cares? But when you have many mods it requires race gas to get the #'s then, I think, you have a motor similar to that of a track car... that easy..

I don't think anyone is "crying here"... not me anyways.. I could care less.

I just like comparing apples to apples.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
If it makes the # it makes it. Its the guys crying next to you that made 50 less that bring up that kind of bs.
Well that's the problem...it doesn't make the # on regular fuel......
To me it's the other way around...it's the race fuel dyno guy that loose the spontanious highway race crying about how his car is sooo much faster if he only would have filled her up with race gas last night...

But I think you got me all wrong from the beginning... I'm not saying it's not a street car if it runs on race fuel. I'm simply stating that there would be no difference between a high hp street and a high hp race engine if they both run on race fuel...

So I don't see the big fuzz about a 600rwhp street 951 you talked about in the last thread when there's no difference between street and track engines...
As you said, it has been done with engines in race cars so what's the big deal with putting a similar engine to a street car

Well except for money...
Old 12-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by TurboTommy
The best way to look at this, and if you're honest to yourself, wheather or not you have true street horsepower: you should be able to compare yourself to stock supercars (ferraris, vipers, vettes, 911 turbos, etc). They can drive anywhere (well not snow), gas up anywhere, and always have the same power (except elevation changes), and never worry about doing a top speed run without blowing up. If you can say the same for your car, then your hp is real.
That is exactly what I'm talking about
Old 12-19-2005, 11:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by evil 944t
I dont' think its a matter of race gas. Your right, who cares? But when you have many mods it requires race gas to get the #'s then, I think, you have a motor similar to that of a track car... that easy..

I don't think anyone is "crying here"... not me anyways.. I could care less.

I just like comparing apples to apples.
I agree
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Duke
Well that's the problem...it doesn't make the # on regular fuel......

So I don't see the big fuzz about a 600rwhp street 951 you talked about in the last thread when there's no difference between street and track engines...
As you said, it has been done with engines in race cars so what's the big deal with putting a similar engine to a street car

Well except for money...
I agree with you. So let's get someone to make RWHP 600 on a 951 for the street and put this to rest. Any takers?

Old 12-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Just tuuuurn up that boost of yours and we'll see

BTW, no new pics of the car at the moment, but I will however post some pics of a lot of new goodies soon
Old 12-19-2005, 11:36 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
I agree with you. So let's get someone to make RWHP 600 on a 951 for the street and put this to rest. Any takers?

ok

Rob, Although you run low boost (big cc's) pump gas, I don't qualify your motor as a street motor. For God's sakes its got a solid lifter head!!

Still a cool car .. hee hee
Old 12-20-2005, 01:31 AM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by evil 944t
ok

Rob, Although you run low boost (big cc's) pump gas, I don't qualify your motor as a street motor. For God's sakes its got a solid lifter head!!

Still a cool car .. hee hee

Quick Reply: Regarding "there is no replacement for dis..." and track vs street engines