Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Clipping K26-6 turbine wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 04:56 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to see pics of clipped wheels and get information on how to do it correctly. And since you had good results I would like to see them.

Why even post from the start if you do not want to contribute?
Old 12-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Herr-Kuhn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll get you pics of my 26/6 wheels when they are done this week. Nothing going on across the pond that is "top secret" in this regard. For Pete's sake, the wheel is just put into a lathe, spun and then a grinding wheel is used to shave the material at about 0.005" at a swipe until you reach the desired clip.

I'm dropping my wheels off tomorrow and will have them back on Tuesday. Yes, he knows what he is doing and I trust the experience he has. More information on Tuesday.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:11 AM
DDP
Rocket Scientist
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
No, because i am a liar, always the first one to post in a thread and care about my post counts and love to mis-lead people

I have my own data, and i would like it to be my own.

Now, let's try to keep this on topic a bit

If you think you're too good to back up your claims, don't make them.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:31 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
No, because i am a liar, always the first one to post in a thread and care about my post counts and love to mis-lead people

Now, let's try to keep this on topic a bit
wow thats a pretty bs post.

if you know something we dont please enlighten us. No one is calling you a liar but, if you have proof then post it up.

if you dont then why post at all. Its like saying you have a turbo ferrari in the garage at home bragging to a group of your friends but, when they ask to see it you say no, and post some bs reason.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:30 AM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

I personally find this topic very interesting. Good luck with your twin k-26's
Old 12-19-2005, 02:52 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What has been done:

60-1Hifi w/7 degree clipping : $990
Shipping: $123
Hardware/seals: $87 w/shipping
Time spent for installation: 11 hours (or so)

Time spent on removing turbo: can't remember
Re-sending turbo back for 10 degree clipping: $100 (from local PO)
Clipping + rebuilding: $375
Shipping back: $125
Time spent installing turbo: can't remember

Note that all shipping took 10-13 days to arrive from the US and to ship from here, so that is 30 days spent just on shipping. This may not sound like i spent too much time or money doing so, but believe me, it was exhausting. If you don't believe my posts, or think i am full of BS, then just add me to you're ignore list.

A lot of effort went into this, and i am not prepared to just give out info on this after being called BS.

Giving you the data on what i experienced, seems like that is not even enough to some people.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
wow thats a pretty bs post.

if you know something we dont please enlighten us. No one is calling you a liar but, if you have proof then post it up.

if you dont then why post at all. Its like saying you have a turbo ferrari in the garage at home bragging to a group of your friends but, when they ask to see it you say no, and post some bs reason.
John he is just saying that a lot of people on here have talked a lot of $hit about him. I completely understand why he would be defense.

You should have come to rennstock. It rained and we had a huge car control clinic. Muhahahaha.

Clipping seems sketchy. I would need to see a disassembled turbo to really see what happens there.
Old 12-19-2005, 03:18 AM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

60-1Hifi w/7 degree clipping : $990
I won't be as PC as some of the members on here. Quit talking out of your ***. You claim this was your gig, and then state you paid someone to do this. To also reduce your credibility, it seems like only yesterday that you would ask general automotive questions to the board, and then talk as if this was your area of expertise just the following day. Why bother posting this crap? It's not worth it to you, because no one believes it, and it's not worth it to us, because you just wasted our time.

Anyone in here actually have some real world data behind clipping a K26? I'm curious as to how this will turn out. Herr-Kuhn, keep us posted on this, I for one am anxious to hear the results!
Old 12-19-2005, 05:54 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gator_86_951
John he is just saying that a lot of people on here have talked a lot of $hit about him. I completely understand why he would be defense.

You should have come to rennstock. It rained and we had a huge car control clinic. Muhahahaha.

Clipping seems sketchy. I would need to see a disassembled turbo to really see what happens there.
I have been around the board and I know his history and the number of threads that went sour.

I was simply stating dont make a claim about something you did and then when asked for proof back out.

It would be better for him not to make the claim at all...that way he can avoid being belitttled.

As i stated above I dont think he is a liar at all...I just want data if he has got any.

Anyways this board is alot different than it used to be. Alot of crying going on these days and 3rd grade arguements that go on for days and days.

Hos I hope you get a real performance gain from all that money you spent. a extra 900.00 bucks seems really steep. That added to the cost of a turbo you could have prolly gotten a kit even.

anyways goodluck with it and I suggest just documenting your car with the turbo and the gains you encounter(if any) that way no one calls bs on you anymore.

Quick Reply: Clipping K26-6 turbine wheel