Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Speed Force Racing Vs. Broadfoot Headers (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/243093-speed-force-racing-vs-broadfoot-headers.html)

Tms951 12-14-2005 02:46 PM

Speed Force Racing Vs. Broadfoot Headers

I am looking to get headers next, I had been thinking about SFR ones but yesterday surfing around I found the Broad foot ones. They are both 321 and include all the same things (cross over, vband, 4 to1) but they are different designs.

What is the difference? Would one flow better? Is one better for torque? What are people’s personal experiences?

pic 1 is SFR, pic 2 is BF

RolexNJ 12-14-2005 03:16 PM

Here are some of my thoughts.

1.) Do a search for there's been threads on this, so start with that.
2.) What are your goals? You want more mid/high end BHP?
3.) Consider the positive or negative feedback on both vendors.
4.) The craftmanship of both.
5.) Any quantifiable data on both?

Here is a test that was done on the SFR Stage 2 headers. It is a great article.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/projec...410ec_proj951/

Now from my personal experience, I cant say anything about Broadfoot. Ive read in the archives that some people who had them "claimed" to have actually lost BHP, so I read. Also, the customer service of Broadfoot is subpar from what I read. And I did at two different times try to contact him, and he never got back to me. As far as I'm concerned, I'd stay away from him.

I have the SFR Stage 2 on my car now. From what I've seen with my car, the TQ curve did shift to the right a bit. I saw about a 200 to 400 RPM shift going to 1 bar. So be prepared to loose a bit. The good news? The mid and top end are fantastic. I don't have any numbers myself as far as testing is concerned. But if Special Tool jumps in on here, he did test just the SFR Stage 2 headers and did get some "empirical" data to support his RWHP & TQ gains. It may have been in the area of 40+, but don't quote me on that.

For me, I think Tim's Stage 2 headers are the best on the market for ours cars, especially if you're looking to gain more mid/high end BHP and have it pull harder to redline. Tim's service is good and his welding is also fantastic. Bar none, best on the market.

That's my $.02 cents. If I can help anymore, just PM me.

:)

Tms951 12-14-2005 04:11 PM

ya, I searched and turned up limited info on the Broad foot stuff and everything I already knew about the SFR. What I am looking for is mostly the difference in plumbing lay out on the two. and for someone to say "I" lost power with the broadfoot headers, not that their cousins uncles best friend lost power with them.

Epic2112 12-14-2005 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Tms951
and for someone to say "I" lost power with the broadfoot headers, not that their cousins uncles best friend lost power with them.

Wouldn't your cousin's uncle be your father?

streckfu's 12-14-2005 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Epic2112
Wouldn't your cousin's uncle be your father?

Not necessarily. What if his father has multiple brothers, or his mother has brothers, or his mother married his cousin... oh never mind.

DDP 12-14-2005 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by special tool
Look at that Broadfoot piece of **** - is that a gradeschool art project?? Cooooooomon.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

RolexNJ 12-14-2005 04:27 PM

Look at that Broadfoot piece of **** - is that a gradeschool art project??

:icon501:

ehall 12-14-2005 04:49 PM

Special Tool owns SFR stage 2 headers, and is often quite meek in his opinions...in case you were wondering.

hosrom_951 12-14-2005 05:03 PM

Those SFR Stage 2 headers are just truely magnificent, beauty and function.

DanR 1201 12-14-2005 05:32 PM

Would the BF be more comparable to the SFR stage 1? Are they the same price as the SFR stage 2?

special tool 12-14-2005 05:56 PM

Also - I piclked up 40-50 RWHP in the SFR headers - no bull**** involved, straight, SAME dyno comparison.

RolexNJ 12-14-2005 06:12 PM

Also - I piclked up 40-50 RWHP in the SFR headers - no bull**** involved, straight, SAME dyno comparison.

There ya go, some "concrete data" to verify the gains. It's about time dammit. I want data, data, data!

:rockon:

shortyboy 12-14-2005 07:55 PM

that article in europeancar showed 30rwhp with SRR stg 2 headers and SFR 3" downpipe,

RolexNJ 12-14-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by shortyboy
that article in europeancar showed 30rwhp with SRR stg 2 headers and SFR 3" downpipe,

I gave him the link above.

;)

special tool 12-14-2005 08:09 PM

Shory - actually I gained around the same 30 HP at the 300 RWHP level.
The higher the HP, the more the gain with those pipes.