Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum-72/)
-   -   Speed Force Racing Vs. Broadfoot Headers (https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turbo-and-turbo-s-forum/243093-speed-force-racing-vs-broadfoot-headers.html)

streckfu's 12-15-2005 12:46 PM

Unless you want to keep the bling, wrap them. Between the coating and a good wrap, you should be able to retain a lot more heat.

RolexNJ 12-15-2005 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
Unless you want to keep the bling, wrap them. Between the coating and a good wrap, you should be able to retain a lot more heat.

Bump: Just get a Jet coating or one like I have, which is good for 2200 degrees.

:)

streckfu's 12-15-2005 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Bump: Just get a Jet coating or one like I have, which is good for 2200 degrees.

The coating can withstand that much heat but how much does it radiate?

95Juan 12-15-2005 01:04 PM

if i want bling still, can i wrap the wrap with aluminum foil?

streckfu's 12-15-2005 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 951Obsession
if i want bling still, can i wrap the wrap with aluminum foil?

Yeah, but the foil crinkles. Best try the new "Bling It Insulating Chrome Paint" from AutoZone.

Porsche-O-Phile 12-15-2005 02:58 PM

Those SFR headers are pure sex. I soooooo want one of those. Right up there with their full 3" system. That's only what - $3,000? Cripes this car's gonna' bankrupt me.

streckfu's 12-15-2005 03:16 PM

You and me both.

RolexNJ 12-15-2005 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Porsche-O-Phile
Those SFR headers are pure sex. I soooooo want one of those. Right up there with their full 3" system. That's only what - $3,000? Cripes this car's gonna' bankrupt me.

Well worth it! Just give up a kidney or something.

:evilgrin:

jgporsche 12-15-2005 03:23 PM

Well worth it! Just give up a kidney or something.

:evilgrin:

Hmm.......... How much can I get for a kidney?

RolexNJ 12-15-2005 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by jgporsche
Hmm.......... How much can I get for a kidney?

Let me look at the Blue Book value in the PDR (physician's desk reference), maybe that can help you guys determine the fair market value.

streckfu's 12-15-2005 03:48 PM

Let me look at the Blue Book value in the PDR (physician's desk reference), maybe that can help you guys determine the fair market value.

Can you check on the going rate for a left nut while your at it? I have a son on the way already, so I would prefer to hold onto the kidneys as I like the sauce a bit too much to count on both of them going the distance.

RolexNJ 12-15-2005 04:00 PM

Can you check on the going rate for a left nut while your at it? I have a son on the way already, so I would prefer to hold onto the kidneys as I like the sauce a bit too much to count on both of them going the distance.

Ok, here is the deal. A kidney will get you a SFR Stage 1, that's it. The only thing that will get you a SFR Stage 2 is a heart, and I know you guys need that. Now, regarding a nut? Bad news boys, very bad news. There is a mass surplus of them due to the chicken flu and alot of people dying. Hence, you'll only be able to get a MBC, sorry to break the news guys.

:(

theedge 12-15-2005 05:31 PM

Theres a company thatll pay $50k USD for a nut...

Porsche-O-Phile 12-15-2005 05:35 PM

Only an MBC for a nut? Sheesh. Now MY nuts are worth a pair-o-Carrera GT's baby!

Campeck 12-15-2005 05:52 PM

Would it be to balance the pressure waves formed by the exhaust gases with the exhaust valves?

equal length runners will bring on a more sudden rush of max tQ
while unequal length ones will spread out the max Tq rpm for the cylinders and have a flatter and more steady Tq curve. (on an NA...im geussing the same applies for turbos...but turbos have LOTS more backpressure than NA cars do..but im assuming pressure waves and velocity still affects VE)

the broadfoot ones look like they are more for higher rpm power...(short runners)
(if i recall correctly)

if the turbo was right at the end of the headers then eqaul length runners also have improved spool time. but since the turbo is across the engine i dont think that would be the reason.