Injector recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:07 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Arent you guys saying the same thing? Why are you disagreeing NJ? He said 55# is about as large as one would want to go on stock DME UNLESS you use Vitesse software/hardware or standalone which everyone knows you are...
Yup --->
Old 12-07-2005, 02:18 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep! Thanks Evil.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:26 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well, yea ideally I'd have said do the exhaust first, suspension second, then MAF then turbo but I got a helluva deal on this turbo. . . oh wait. . . my "friend" (wink, wink) got a helluva deal on the turbo and he/she ( In case the wife is reading this) couldn't pass it up. I figure it should be replaced as part of the pending oil pan gasket replacement since so much crap is getting pulled apart anyway, plus it makes for a nice reward when the job is all done.

Soooooo. . .

Looks like the turbo happens first with Guru 18 psi chips for now and intention of Vitesse chips/MAF/piggyback/Christ-only-knows-what-else later on down the road after I get the 3" SFR exhaust (or equivalent) on.

This 951 is killing my Callaway project - keeps suckin' up all the play money! I have enough parts to put on though. I don't think I need to spend any more on the Callaway until I deplete the pile of parts and crap I already have for it by actually installing them. I'm telling you - it's a sickness! I need therapy or something! Or something cheaper - like a 911.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Tomas L
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolexNJ
Do not, I repeat do not use that calculator. I called that company several times, because I thought it was off based upon the variables I put in. What they recomment as a B.S.F.C on their web site is off! Don't use it. And by the way, this is the same one Danno recommends people to use too, go figure
From what I can see it works ok. The recommended BSFC may be a little on the safe side but otherwise I don't see any problems.
And the formula at the top that page is correct and very easy to use if you don't trust the calculator.

BTW, I use Siemens #72 on my car and have not noticed any problems with the idle although I have heard others having problems with identical injectors.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
RolexNJ
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tomas L
From what I can see it works ok. The recommended BSFC may be a little on the safe side but otherwise I don't see any problems.
And the formula at the top that page is correct and very easy to use if you don't trust the calculator.

BTW, I use Siemens #72 on my car and have not noticed any problems with the idle although I have heard others having problems with identical injectors.
It is off, I spoke to two people there. The owner and another techie. " In most cases a naturally aspirated engine will have a B.S.F.C of .50. This means that the engine will use .50 lbs. of fuel per hour for each horsepower it produces. Turbocharged engines will want to be at .60 lbs. per hour or higher." - I asked both people and they said to use 45 - 55. If it was 100% race gas, you could even use 40 BSFC.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Tomas L
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, as I said, the BSFC recommendation may be a little conservative. But it's up to you to decide what value to put in to the calculator and from what I see it calculates the correct answer from the data you provide. And in the end it's a lot better to use a BSFC that's a little to high and end up with injectors that are a bit to big than the other way around.

Quick Reply: Injector recommendations