HIGHBOOST
Pro

this needs to be deleted, good luck with your p-car
Old 12-07-2005 | 04:34 AM
jy951
Instructor

Originally Posted by lart951
I am seriously offended, you are insulting a 44 year old,

Yeap, I am very inmature for a 44 year old guy. I just love to have fun with weak minded fools like you. Eyal has a life, the only sorry person on this equation without one is you . If you are as mature as you claim to be, why do you attack other guys? I personally think that you are some kind of punk coward that gets cocky behind a keyboard. I still don't understand why you talk so much crap, if all you have to boast about is an audi station wagon.

Good night I think you need to go to sleep before your mommy finds out you are still awake.
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...I respond to the original poster and YOU and EYAL throw stones at ME (in response to my post)...I COUNTER PUNCH BOTH OF YOU IMMATURE HUMAN BEINGS and the both of YOU respond by CRYING how you will have me BANNED...And you consider yourselves MEN?...Shameful!!!!

PLEEEEEASE GET A LIFE!!!!!!

Old 12-07-2005 | 04:42 AM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Old 12-07-2005 | 08:09 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Pstickne , where in Tn. are you located ? Congradulations on your purchase.
If your in the Nashville area and need a good 944 tech , look up RennTag Motorwerks. Wicky Laury is quite familiar with these cars.
Old 12-07-2005 | 08:38 AM
special tool
Banned

Okay - you need to check that the PO did not remove the o2 sensor or disconnect it, and then compensate the fuel leaner. This will cause hard start and 15:1 AFR.

Second - check the gear oil level in the transaxle before you weld it together.
Old 12-07-2005 | 09:09 AM
stockboost
Intermediate

Jy and Eyal,

you have completely ruined this thread, keep the argueing in your Private Messages.

Back to the topic,
Compression test, leakdown, are you getting a puddle after it's parked. Take off outlet pipe from turbo, inspect for oil residue. Other than that, pop the hood and look around, see if anything is wet.
Old 12-07-2005 | 09:24 AM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

The cold start issue could have something to do with the chips and the tunning. Check to see what kind of chips they are. My Guru chips added way to much fuel at idle and would require me to give it gas to keep it running like yours. Also if you are running a maf you could add a temp sensor to help with the cold start issues. There is a lot of old posts with people having the same issues with the split second tuner and cold starting. My guess is that it's the chips and tunning.

The tranny issue is most likely what ST said. Low fluid. Combine that with the cold weather and you got your problem. That fluid is so thick that it to takes time to warm up before it like to move. You said that it goes away after the car warms up right?
Old 12-07-2005 | 11:47 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

What MAF is in the car and does it have an air intake tempereature sensor? i know that you need an IAT for maf and map set-ups, which is very important for cold start-ups.
Old 12-07-2005 | 11:55 AM
cotton
Advanced

What part of TN are you in? I live in Nashville and have owned a couple of 951s. My current one also needs a little help to keep running at first startup when it's cold. It's also a little stiff shifting when I first get going if it's cold out, but is just fine once the motor and gearbox warms up.
If you are near Nashville the best Porsche shop around is Renntag Motorwerks. The owner is Wickey Laurie and I've been taking my 911 and 951s to him for years.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 12-07-2005 | 01:27 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by stockboost
Jy and Eyal,

you have completely ruined this thread, keep the argueing in your Private Messages.
In my defense, my first post was technical help, and my third was this "If you want to continue this off the board, please feel free to do so"
I beleive JY has 6 posts of attack.

Anyway, Special tool has a point about the O2 sensor. I think you have a list of things to attend to now.
Compression test, check gear oil level (replace it, it probabl;y hasn't been done in too long)
check for O2 sensor, check for ISV. If ISV is present, read the write up about to to test it (its easy).
Like I said earlier, the smoking at idle, imo, is most likely the turbo, but its good to do the easier tests (like compression) first.
Eyal
Old 12-07-2005 | 08:56 PM
TRWright
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

What is this all about?

JY, since you have such an amazing social life hopefully you will not be too upset about the vacation you are about to get from Rennlist.

I apologize to pstickne for this thread being destroyed.
Old 12-07-2005 | 09:54 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jy951
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING...I respond to the original poster and YOU and EYAL throw stones at ME (in response to my post)...I COUNTER PUNCH BOTH OF YOU IMMATURE HUMAN BEINGS and the both of YOU respond by CRYING how you will have me BANNED...And you consider yourselves MEN?...Shameful!!!!

Old 12-08-2005 | 01:26 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

What mods do you have? Split second is probably your problem, you may want to think about another chip and another tuning device. My car is tough to shift when it is cold outside, change the gear oil to some MT 90 that should help.
Old 12-08-2005 | 10:02 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

At least he always waves good bye.

Good work Ted!
Old 12-08-2005 | 11:32 AM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ehall

At least he always waves good bye.

Good work Ted!

WTH have you been ehall? about time you show up

Quick Reply: Picked up my 951 :-)