Old 11-19-2005, 07:15 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bleeding the clutch....

Found out an interesting tidbit today from a freind Chris who was having trouble getting his clutch bled on his 88 951. He is also a VW mechanic, and is use to bleeding clutches etc. He tried with a motive and the old fashion way and kept getting air out the slave over and over again. He then talked to a guy who was big into motorcycles, and he said that on some motorcycles, they bleed it from the bottom, because air will travel upward, and to try that it will be easier. So Chris put a bottle of brake fluid on the ground with a hose going to the bleeder screw on the slave cylinder, disconnected the hose that goes to the clutch master at the reservoir, hooked up a vacuum pump and sucked the fluid up. Gave the clutch pedal 2 pumps and it was bled. Said it took 5 minutes. Just thought i would throw it out there for people who are in the process........
Old 11-19-2005, 09:24 PM
APKhaos
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing I always stuggle with is releasing the slave cylinder bleed screw. Even with the starter unbolted [it wont come out, but it moves a little] I still struggle with a tiny open end wrench. There MUST be a better way!

Quick Reply: Bleeding the clutch....