Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Piggy Back value comparison.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:00 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys,
The reason that I'm using the SAFC ll is because I got it cheap.
Besides as my ARC 2 is old tech, I wanted to see if it makes a diff.
Strangely though, even without proper tuning, the car idles better, revs
faster & the low end torque is much better. Must be due to more advance
electronics.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:22 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm not totally familiar with every PiggyBack available on the market. However from experience, and this is the reason I sell it, the SMT6 is by far the most advanced and the most functionally rich PiggyBack. As far as I know the SMT6 is the only PiggyBack that allows you to alter fuel, timing and gives you the capability to control additional injectors or solenoid (boost, water injection, etc..).

As soon as we release the Vitesse Knock Display, you will be able to perform all sort of things if knock was detected.. You will be able to retard timing (over what the KLR does), add fuel, even inject water.. All will be based on Load/RPM and knock intensity.. (at the moment all of the above can be done based on load/rpm/boost).. The extra control is due to the fact the the SMT6 is very flexible yet provides some terrific features..

As far as pricing goes, you can get the SMT6 less than Vitesser list price of $650. The $650 price includes support (such as reviewing the log files for you and making recommendations, install help,...). The support is only provided to our customers..

For detailed description on the SMT6 features, check out our website. When you purchase from us, you benefit from our development and experience with the 951.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:06 PM
awilson40
Three Wheelin'

The thing to with the SMT6 is all the advance features that can be added later.
If you have been following Vitesse's progress you will see they keep adding features but are still using the same controller. No need to buy new hardware all the time, they just jeep adding to existing hardware.
If all you think you will ever need is a fuel controller, then cool. Thats what I did. But, if you plan on
upgrading and wanting new features when they become available then its better to spend the $$ with Vitesse upfront for the SMT6. You will save $$ and headaches in the long run.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast951
I'm not totally familiar with every PiggyBack available on the market. However from experience, and this is the reason I sell it, the SMT6 is by far the most advanced and the most functionally rich PiggyBack. As far as I know the SMT6 is the only PiggyBack that allows you to alter fuel, timing and gives you the capability to control additional injectors or solenoid (boost, water injection, etc..).

As soon as we release the Vitesse Knock Display, you will be able to perform all sort of things if knock was detected.. You will be able to retard timing (over what the KLR does), add fuel, even inject water.. All will be based on Load/RPM and knock intensity.. (at the moment all of the above can be done based on load/rpm/boost).. The extra control is due to the fact the the SMT6 is very flexible yet provides some terrific features..
eManage Ultimate does that as well, also has 8 extra channels.

It also has the ability to run full sequential injectors
Old 11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hosrom_951
eManage Ultimate does that as well, also has 8 extra channels.

It also has the ability to run full sequential injectors

Have you or know of anyone that was able to use it on the 951?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:16 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

I have been using it for 3 weeks, today being exactly 3 weeks.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:19 PM
macnewma
Addict
Rennlist Member

I think John wants to know if you are running sequential injection with the eManage. Are you and how (crank trigger? cam sync?)?
Old 11-14-2005, 01:21 PM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

No, i havent run full sequiental, and i will not now since i am running stock injectors.

The eManage Ultimate (not blue) needs to see a rpm signal to run full sequential injectors, there are parameter settings(which i have for the 951 thanks to the local Greddy dealer) one should dial in in order for the emanage ultimate to recognize the ignition system.

I am slowly trying out all the functions of the emanage ultimate, so far so good.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:37 AM
J Chen
Drifting

Hi Hos,
Which MAF are you using with the Ultimate
or are you using a MAP set-up ?
Old 11-15-2005, 04:44 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Currently i am using the stock AFM

Will go full MAP this week and see what happens, but i am waiting for an air tempreature sensor to arrive, then it will be hooked up the the AFM temp. harness for the DME (just like MAF's do).

Plus the emanage ultimate hooks up like any other fuel controller in the market, so running a MAF would work just fine (that is if the MAF is the right one for the 951 in the first place offcourse).
Old 11-15-2005, 05:21 AM
J Chen
Drifting

What about chips Hos ?
What chips are you running now & does the Ultimate
have a built in MAP sensor
Old 11-15-2005, 09:24 AM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Currently i am using the stock AFM

Will go full MAP this week and see what happens, but i am waiting for an air tempreature sensor to arrive, then it will be hooked up the the AFM temp. harness for the DME (just like MAF's do).

Plus the emanage ultimate hooks up like any other fuel controller in the market, so running a MAF would work just fine (that is if the MAF is the right one for the 951 in the first place offcourse).
interesting!please keep us updated!

btw,i really want to run megasquirt.alot of great options and its fully stand alone.i hope you guys get it fully fuctioning on a 951 soon.keep up the great work guys.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:46 AM
hosrom_951
UAE Rennlist Ambassador
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J Chen
What about chips Hos ?
What chips are you running now & does the Ultimate
have a built in MAP sensor
I only have an aftermarket DME chip, you dont need a KLR chip if you have the cycling valve bypassed (which everyone should do if you have a manual or electronic boost controler).

The eManage Ultimate has an optional (almost US$60) MAP sensor used for seeing boost levels (intake manifold pressure including vacuum offcourse) and adjusting the air/fuel ratios (you can tune via psi, bar or voltage as loads x rpms) if you have a Greddy electronic boost controler, the eManage will control boost.

The map sensor will replace the AFM, you actually tell the eManage ultimate what voltage you want it to give to the DME (0-4.6v in this case).

The eManage does indeed remove the factory boost limitor IF the factory computer used a MAP sensor to limit boost (which is not applicable in the 951's case).

Shortboy, so far, i have everything hooked up and running except for full sequential injectors and air intake tempreatures. The gnition, idle stability valve, rpm, tps, wideband o2 input, water temp for dme, knock, anti-surge/stall, airflow input/output, injectors signal wires (for duty cylcle and auto add/trim fuel + sequiential for future) are all hooked up and working just fine. This is basically a piggyback with full stand-alone features but keeping the factory computers. I need another 3-4 weeks to see just how every function turns out (trying to find the time for all this).
Old 11-15-2005, 12:39 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

How about the SMT7? I noticed that Perfect Power's site has the SMT7 on there as well. Does anyone know if there is an advantage to the SMT7?

Vitesse...have you looked into the SMT7 at all?
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, i havent run full sequiental, and i will not now since i am running stock injectors.

The eManage Ultimate (not blue) needs to see a rpm signal to run full sequential injectors, there are parameter settings(which i have for the 951 thanks to the local Greddy dealer) one should dial in in order for the emanage ultimate to recognize the ignition system.

I am slowly trying out all the functions of the emanage ultimate, so far so good.
You mean a cam trigger? Thats whats needed for seqential injection usually. Ill be looking into how to do one on my car down the road so I can do seqential. So far im thinking just a hall sensor, then drilling into my expensive Lindsey Racing adjustable cam gear to epoxy in a small magnet. Then if I can find a small enough Hall sensor, it can just poke through that little view hole.

Quick Reply: Piggy Back value comparison.