Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Dyno results and questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 PM
cotton
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
Was that a 6 or 8? and at what psi? I was comparing the high TQ to an average HP. His boost bleed-off is typical of a stock WG so with 292TQ, I would expect him to be pushing about 250HP.
This is just speculation though without having the AFR and boost mapped as well.
I wonder if the boost would have held maybe I would have had better HP numbers? When does a 951 usually hit peak HP?

It's is supposed to be the stock k26/6. I was peaking at 14/15 PSI on the dyno, but normally hit 17 on the street.The wastegate is also stock....I've been planning on replacing it, but might go with vitesse stage 3 and a full 3 inch exhaust at the same time.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 11-11-2005, 12:25 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by cotton
I wonder if the boost would have held maybe I would have had better HP numbers? When does a 951 usually hit peak HP?
If you can hold a little more boost, you would make more HP as you would be making more TQ over the same RPMs. Make sure you keep an eye on your AFR!

It's is supposed to be the stock k26/6. I was peaking at 14/15 PSI on the dyno, but normally hit 17 on the street.The wastegate is also stock....I've been planning on replacing it, but might go with vitesse stage 3 and a full 3 inch exhaust at the same time.

Thanks,
Jeff
You are not loading the car on the dyno the same way it's loaded on the street. I'm not sure if it would put you off by 2+psi but it is different.

Quick Reply: Dyno results and questions