Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Racing fuel in NE Ohio area by Akron?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 02:02 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racing fuel in NE Ohio area by Akron?

Well, still on a search for a place that sells Racing fuel or 100 octane or higher in the greater Akron area. Since I have my SMT-6 installed in the car, I can flip a switch changing the maps to run at 100 octane fuel. So... I would like to see if what the difference is like with that and even maybe 2 more PSI added in there if I am I running on the safe side. I know, not that time to post this up at the end of fall but wanted to get a couple good drives in before winter hits then. I have already read on toluene/xylene mixtures but considering they cost more to run per gallon (I did some math), they aren't the easies to get/mix, plus I would have to add/mix in oil because they don't have any in them. Also, I have heard that leaving that in the tank will/could cause damage to rubber fuel lines in the car at higher % so again, racing fuel would just be a little easier for now to throw in and see. Next summer when I drive the car more and can burn though it, that won't be as much of a problem.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:22 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See if any of there is a location close to you: http://www.racegas.com/gt100locals/default.asp

We have two locations here in Columbus.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Mike1982
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kevin, thanks but I already tried that. I live like between a couple but none close (less then an hour ONE WAY). There are some up in the Cleveland area, in fact, many up there but the closes one again is about an hour just one way. All else fails, I will go out and buy about 2 or 3 (5) gallon gasoline jugs and go up and fill them up, don't want to waste a couple gallons just sitting on the highway. Also, how much does racing fuel go now adays? Like, what octane and what price?
Old 11-04-2005, 04:00 PM
kasturbo
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry, I don't know the prices. I haven't bought any for some time now.

Quick Reply: Racing fuel in NE Ohio area by Akron?