944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Special Tool's car is not streetable, so the experts say

Old 10-23-2005, 04:27 PM
special tool
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are making fun of my engine's 550+ lb/ft of crank torque??
How much torque would it have to make to get their respect???
1,000???
Old 10-23-2005, 04:35 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

Okay guys, there is a forum on that board with my name "The lart951 forum", but in order for you to see it you need to be a member. That's where they share their dirty secrets and talk crap about mostly everyone on rennlist

The reason why that forum has my name is because according to them, I am the top rennlist jackass.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:37 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
Todd, they have banned most of the rennlisters. We can’t post or debate over there,, they even refuse to see videos
I was standing in the garage a few minutes ago drinking some coffee in between clutch bleeding. It occured to me that theres really two ways to catagorize/describe that groups mentality and attitude...

First way is that of a pack of ricers, the ricers as in 4 in fart can muffler on a civic, large wing, cut springs, etc. In pack form they are unable to accept any other opinion, wether its right, wrong, or whatever. Tell them that having 15 degrees of camber on a street car is a dumb idea, and let the laughs roll.

The other way is a pack of rabid dogs who have all had lobotomys, frothing and foaming at the mouths to get a peice of cardboard that has steak juice on it.

Make no mistake, I have nothing against the general *idea* of engine swaps. Its a different idea of getting power or dealing with a blown engine. Would I do it? Hell no, I bought a Porsche, and to me a car is as much the engine as it is the body, despite whatever screwball timing belt design it may have. Nothing against V8s or Chevys or anything. If they swapped away and didnt insist on bashing those of us who dont at every turn and generally acted mature, we wouldnt be in this situation.

That group as a community brings a crappy reputation to itself, just as a rabid pitbull brings a bad reputation to dogs in general. Because of their attitude, mentality, and all that its absolutly impossible to respect them as a group of intellegent people. Im sure there are members there who dont take to all the bashing and frothing at the mouths (and they are the ones I would enjoy talking to about swaps, etc), but the ones who do have the mentality that leads to threads like what this one is about brings them all down as a group, community, and body of knowledge. The same way the image of legitimate Honda modders and such is ruined by the tard kids with fart cans racing down streets at 11PM on a wensday night.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:38 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

Okay guys, there is a forum on that board with my name "The lart951 forum", but in order for you to see it you need to be a member. That's where they share their dirty secrets and talk crap about mostly everyone on rennlist

The reason why that forum has my name is because according to them, I am the top rennlist jackass.

So are you a member? can you read it?
Old 10-23-2005, 04:47 PM
porshaowner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by special tool
HAHAHAHA - I just read that.
Asking about torque - hahahaha

I will give ANY 944 on that board the dig and a headstart, and I will crush them by BUSLENGTHS.
If it is not buslengths, I will consider it a loss.

If it is not buslengths, I will consider it a loss. - just in case you missed that the first time.

By the way - I eat C5 ZO6's for breakfast. Its a joke. On pump gas.
And when I see a C6 ZO6 - I am sending his *** back to the dealer, too.
Im not saying anything bad about your car, it sounds awsome, but thats a pretty big call out. No matter what there is always someone faster. If your cars fast you don't have to say anything, people just know.
Old 10-23-2005, 04:59 PM
Porsche-O-Phile
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Given the mentality of the folks over there, I'd actually consider that a compliment in much the same way I do when certiain similar-minded individuals on this board (OT forum) get frustrated with me and, unable to beat me at actual debate or discussion, resort to petty name-calling.

They've already lost just by their attitudes.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:20 PM
special tool
Banned

Porshaowner - I know
I am just provoking those guys.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Ski
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just a note for power to weight ratio, the JAB Racing 944T sent several modified Z06 chevy's scratching their head in Memphis at the DE last month. 351/347 respectively, 2550# with half a tank of 104 and they read the Paragon sticker on the back...while they were in reading distance. However, they were at least respectful and nice, and they were even more impressed when they found out that jwl and myself built it.

Jim, BTW,my brother in laws car has been flawless! Thanks again.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by streckfu's951
So are you a member? can you read it?
Yes Iam, but I don't use my name. here are some random posts.

Originally Posted by tifosiman

It looks like Andrew/NZ/952/Machtig finally got the permo-ban over on Renn. I don't know what he did (frankly he has been decent enough in most of the interractions I have had with him), but the word on the street is that this 6th ban is the final final final time.

Anyway, just relaying the info. With Andrew gone from Renn, Pelican, and here, I doubt this section will see much activity from now on.

Doug, maybe you should consider changing the name of it or doing something all-together different? That might be nice. It seems that most of the fire and brimstone against conversions over on Renn is gone for the most part.
Originally Posted by Predator
Ohhhh, I like the "Imbred, and Thoroughbred" phrase. We need to use that in some type Mission Statement or code of conduct or secret handshake! The idiots over on the 'horsepower challenged list' don't even rate enough of my time to read their dribble. Most are narrow minded, punk kids who cannot turn a wrench (or spell).
Originally Posted by x.l.r.8
I'm sorry but I couldn't resist, it seems the light side is after a new moderator, I personally believe if you have p-phile in you signal you should automatically be discounted, however it seems they all want you back tifo, well all but chris, but he's biased as he is officially your BIATCH in my view. I think we should all put our names forward, well those of us who havn't been banned already ops: :lol: I know I only speak for me but Tifo, if you accept we will miss you. :twisted:
LOL, yeah Porsh-o-phile would have to tone down his V8-bashing and SUV-bashing, eh?

That Chris guy has gotten out of hand. I don't know if anyone here read the Renn forum last nite, but he went off the deep end and started posting all sorts of stuff about me when he was drunk. Then he called my house and threatened me. I hung up on him twice and finally the 3rd call I had to tell him I was calling the police. I logged onto Renn this morning and saw all of the carnage, and the moderator (Pete) and I are good friends and I talked to him on the phone about the bashing, the threatening calls, and the 20 threatening PM's I received from him. Pete and John deleted a lot of it because it just looked really bad for ****list.

I am a bit concerned for my home and family at this moment, truthfully. I think the guy is an alchoholic with major mental issues, and unfortunately he only lives about 50 miles from me. He blames me for his job loss (fired when being drunk on the job), the fact that he is in debt, and the fact that he had to sell his car.

He seems to fixate on people and issues. 2 months ago it was Sweanders on that forum, but Sweanders luckily lives in the Netherlands so he was a bit unreachable for him. Now it's me. Lucky me, eh?
Zowie!

That was a well-written, hard-hitting post you made over there Doug. While I don't have a V-8 in my car (yet............I am seriously leaning that way though......), I totally agree with your comments. Heck, even if I wasn't even considering a swap I would still agree with you. The way that most 944/951 owners act is a weird mix of "I can't keep my car clean/maintained properly" and "You can't do that, IT IS A PORSCHE".

Frankly, if I sold my car or traded it for another project, one of the main deciding factors would be the majority of ****tards that own these cars. I hate to be associated with them most days.

I catch flack all of the time for the work that I have done on my car, and it doesn't even have a motor swap. That's just insane.
Originally Posted by Doug
Zowie!

That was a well-written, hard-hitting post you made over there Doug. While I don't have a V-8 in my car (yet............I am seriously leaning that way though......), I totally agree with your comments. Heck, even if I wasn't even considering a swap I would still agree with you. The way that most 944/951 owners act is a weird mix of "I can't keep my car clean/maintained properly" and "You can't do that, IT IS A PORSCHE".

Frankly, if I sold my car or traded it for another project, one of the main deciding factors would be the majority of ****tards that own these cars. I hate to be associated with them most days.

I catch flack all of the time for the work that I have done on my car, and it doesn't even have a motor swap. That's just insane.
...not bad for a guy that barely graduated high school, eh? The more I think about it, the more I think it's not about the cars, it's about automotive cultural differences.
If you think that post was hard-hitting, you should have seen it before I toned it down.
Most of them can't even read. I used the words 'small minority' and 'small group' to describe the real ******** and everybody took offense. One guy wants to race me on the track in spite of the fact that I posted " I couldn't care less if your car is faster, handles better than mine or ..."

Doug
Old 10-23-2005, 06:08 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

and my favorite:

Loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass Luis Artiga, one of my top 3 ******** on Booblist had his car rearended and totaled the other day. Far be it from me to want to see a 944 wasted, but in this case it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. There. I feel better.

Doug
Loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass Luis Artiga, one of my top 3 ******** on Booblist had his car rearended and totaled the other day. Far be it from me to want to see a 944 wasted, but in this case it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. There. I feel better.

Doug
Hey Louie! I didn't call you "a loud mouthed ***-hole," I called you a 'loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass.' I do see a promotion from jackass to ******* in your future, though.

Doug
Old 10-23-2005, 08:02 PM
RK951
Rennlist Member

This is sounding more and more like a Beavis and Butthead episode
Old 10-23-2005, 08:06 PM
MR951
Racer

Lart,
I don't get it. Why do you continue to pollute Rennlist w/ stupid quotes from another board? Who gives a sh*t what their opinion is. If I wanted to know what they're talkin' about I would have registered there.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:16 PM
special tool
Banned

He loves to throw me into a fight.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:47 PM
streckfu's
Rennlist Member

Received 668 Likes on 448 Posts

This reads like two 8 year olds bickering. Sad really.

What is the significance of reading thier thread if for no other reason to post them here?
Old 10-23-2005, 10:12 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MR951
Lart,
I don't get it. Why do you continue to pollute Rennlist w/ stupid quotes from another board? Who gives a sh*t what their opinion is. If I wanted to know what they're talkin' about I would have registered there.
Hey man, you don't like the sh_t don't read it. You don't need to reply to this thread. It's my choice I pay for my membership as much as you do, so please I kindly ask you to stfu if you don't mind.

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Special Tool's car is not streetable, so the experts say