Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Sad note - Iceshark

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Charlie944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am terribly sorry to hear of Dan passing away. He was always extremely helpful, dedicated, and polite when dealing with him. His legacy here will live on through the illumination he has brought into our lives. R.I.P Dan
Old 10-23-2005, 05:44 AM
Guns951
Race Car

http://www.legacy.com/StarTribune/Le...sonID=15234313

Click on the link to sign the Obituary Guest Book, Posted in the 24/44/68 forum, just wanted to make sure everyone that wanted to had the chance to say goodbye...I didn't make the book, just posting another link.

Gabriel
Old 10-23-2005, 11:17 AM
tconn
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is sad news. I was thinking of Dan just last night during a spirited drive on some of my favorite roads.
R.I.P. Dan
Old 10-23-2005, 11:50 AM
John Sims
Intermediate

Very sad news indeed.

Dan and I swapped many e-mails on the difference of UK and US spec headlamps when he supplied a kit for my car. He struck me as a true gentleman.

He also contributed on the PCGB forum when he was always knowledgable, eloquent, and good humoured.

I would very much like to have met him had I the opportunity.
Old 10-23-2005, 02:52 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 47 Posts

Does anybody know how this happened ?
Jeezz at 53 this is crazy...
If someone knows please post
I don't know if he was married or has children but my heart goes out to all
God bless his soul
Ed
Old 10-23-2005, 03:58 PM
painkiller
Racer

As everyone else has said, this is very sad and unfortunate. Dan was one of the truly very special people here that not only recognized inherent weaknesses in our cars which is easy, but offered solutions to those weaknesses that he designed, engineered, and produced. Reading his obituary showed that he was also a well rounded person with other interests that he excelled at. His wiring harness was one of the first upgrades I did to my car and honestly it was the best thing I could do to the car.

He was always courteous and friendly to me. I used to look at those cables and marvel at the effort and quality that went into them, now looking at them will make me sad.

RIP Dan, and God bless your family and friends.

John
Old 10-24-2005, 03:25 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Dan was married at one point, but, divorced- no children that I'm aware of... he had a GF this summer- she had been in a wreck in Chicago & he was listed as emergency contact in her wallet, but, they would not release any info to him, which was silly... So, he quickly went to Chicago to pick her up & proceeded to take care of her during her recovery- he had gotten very sick while doing so from some sort of food poisoning... Didn't sound right to me, as it seemed to linger... This was several months before his death, so, am not sure if it had anything t odo w/his passing... I was not aware of any health probs he may have had & would very much like to find out what the actual cause of his death was... I will eventually send another e-mail to his address, for his family, but, they only sent out e-mails to people, from his addy, last night, so, I will give them a little time before asking questions & hopefully, someone will find out beforeso, so no one will have to bother them that way...
Old 10-26-2005, 12:38 AM
nize
Banned

now i'll never have the chance to get the light cannons.
Old 10-26-2005, 12:55 AM
Robby
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nize- there are several people who are trying to take up where he left off... good chance they wont be exactly the same b/c Dan had extensive contacts in the lighting & wiring world, but, w/the knowledge here on Rennlist, something will become avaiable eventually... keep checking the boards & something will pop up... At any rate, you did miss out on knowing a very cool person & dedicated Porsche man- the world has definately lost a good person...
Old 10-26-2005, 01:31 AM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Dan will indeed be missed. I purchased a ground strap kit from him a couple years ago. He was extremely helpful in his emails, trustworthy, prompt, and a genuinely nice guy.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:53 PM
jamiejim
Racer

I've been off Rennlist for a couple months, and was absolutely floored to hear about Dan. Like many of you, my only contact with him was through e-mail, but he was always very helpful and seemed like a great guy.

Has anyone found out the details yet of his passing?
Old 10-27-2005, 12:22 AM
Boricua944
Pro

Maybe someone can photoshop somthing up with Iceshark, and RIP you will be missed, for a tribute to dan for main page of rennlist. Very sad news
Old 10-27-2005, 12:25 AM
nize
Banned

Originally Posted by Robby
Nize- there are several people who are trying to take up where he left off... good chance they wont be exactly the same b/c Dan had extensive contacts in the lighting & wiring world, but, w/the knowledge here on Rennlist, something will become avaiable eventually... keep checking the boards & something will pop up... At any rate, you did miss out on knowing a very cool person & dedicated Porsche man- the world has definately lost a good person...
i am definitely interested in assisting with this project. we need to carry on his contribution for everyone.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:35 AM
RK951
Rennlist Member

While there is no substitute for Dan's experience and guidance, there are other people that sell complete harnesses with relays, lens and bulbs at very reasonable prices. If you are looking for DOT legal lens/bulbs they are available from more than one forum sponsor.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:52 AM
nize
Banned

there's only one iceshark 'full boat' kit though.

Quick Reply: Sad note - Iceshark