Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Should I buy this? Anyone know how to drop a vette engine in it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 04:13 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the rest of you guys I'm not getting rid of the 951. I just want something different and super cool. I want to maybe run NOS and drag race it. What size chevy can I put in there? Should I only use a chevy? How about a Ford or dodge engine? Will a 302 fit. That would be rad.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:40 AM
special tool
Banned

Chevy is fine.
Please don't consider the other 2 - if you are considering Ford or Dodge - why not just drop a big bucket of **** in the engine compartment.
Odds are good that you can find a bucket of **** (big) for a better price, and the end result will be the same.

At least they circled the problem
Old 10-21-2005, 11:14 AM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i'd stay away from the dodge or ford engines

as far as the chevy engines go, you don't have to stop with the 350 - you could get an LT1 and bore/stroke it out to 383 or 396 pretty easily and make pretty ridiculous power

edit: just FYI in case anyone is curious about hp/tq levels with sbc motors:

LT1 based 383 ~410rwhp/410rwtq
LT1 based 396 makes a little more power but can only be had with all forged internals...

LS1 based 383 ~440 rwhp/rwtq

Last edited by aeronautica86; 10-21-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 12:07 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 94 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
Hmmm, well LART, smart guy, yours must look like a Vienna Sausage then. That dickless board seems to have a Lart 951 section. Is this coincidence? I think not! Apparently I can't view it without being a member of the tiny member board over there? I guess small dick Doug, the Dictator of all things hybrid, thinks his board is so great that he should do "an investigation" on new members. Since I won't do that, why don't you tell me what you and your girlfriends are hiding over there? Until then how bout this...
well yes I am very popular over there. Here is what the lart951 section says:

Originally Posted by Doug
Loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass Luis Artiga, one of my top 3 ******** on Booblist had his car rearended and totaled the other day. Far be it from me to want to see a 944 wasted, but in this case it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. There. I feel better.

Doug
Originally Posted by tifosiman
That Lart951 guy is certainly not the friendliest guy in the bunch, although I do feel bad to see another 951 get toasted as well.

If he is one of 3, can I guess the other 2?

BTW, did you notice that NZ951 changed his screen name to something else? Something like "Machtig Turbo" I think. I have to admit, he (NZ) has calmed down a bit in the past 6 months. Well, either that, or I am getting more tolerant in my old age. :wink:

EDIT: Meant to say "tolerant" instead of "tolerable". Or was that a freudian slip? ops:
Loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass Luis Artiga, one of my top 3 ******** on Booblist had his car rearended and totaled the other day. Far be it from me to want to see a 944 wasted, but in this case it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. There. I feel better.

Doug
Hey Louie! I didn't call you "a loud mouthed ***-hole," I called you a 'loud-mouthed conversion-hating jackass.' I do see a promotion from jackass to ******* in your future, though.

Doug

P.S. That's my personal view and you shouldn't collectively blame this group for it. I am solely responsible for your title.
to which I kindly reply

Mr. Doug
I am flattered by the possibility of a new title, how sweet of
you, that will be a great honor indeed. By the way, I would like to ask
you something that has been bothering me all this time. Since I am
considering doing an engine swap, I would like to know how long after the
swap did your ***** start to shrink. I know you being 51 without a *****
must be very difficult for you, but your position as ruler of the
hybrid board and the fact that you did the conversion yourself should
compensate for being dickless, right?

I have also noticed that dickless old men like yourself tend to touch other dickless mullet wearing knuckle draggers in their special place, I assume this is encouraged in your circles? Obviously, if I do a conversion, I should start my own forum, also I should post in every possible forum how smart I am since I choose to do the swap by myself. By boasting about it, that should give purpose and meaning to my pathetic life."

Thanks a lot Doug you are such an inspiration.

Truly yours
Old 10-21-2005, 01:04 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Ehall, I see something in your future, there is a promotion to the top 3 a-holes of booblist.

Last edited by lart951; 10-21-2005 at 01:37 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:25 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

that pics is really disgusting....
Old 10-21-2005, 01:33 PM
Porschefile
Three Wheelin'

Is it just me or does anyone else happen to notice that most v8 swap guys (regardless of what car, datsun z, 944, etc) seem to do some of the most tasteless cosmetic stuff to their cars?!
Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
that pics is really disgusting....
Picture deleted sorry
Old 10-21-2005, 01:40 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Porschefile
Is it just me or does anyone else happen to notice that most v8 swap guys (regardless of what car, datsun z, 944, etc) seem to do some of the most tasteless cosmetic stuff to their cars?!
I am sorry to disagree with you but i think their convertions are awesome , check this out:
It's a Porschevgra
Attached Images  
Old 10-21-2005, 02:00 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a new idea for a rennlist meet.

What wed need is a stage with a mic, then a bunch of tables that are lite with just little candles on them.

Then we stick Lart on the stage and tell him to pretend its rennlist, sticking a keyboard in front of him if need be.

Its the Rennlist Comedy Festival!

Edit: Wed need a projector, screen, and laptop so that Lart isnt deprived of his vast collection of pictures to accompany his rants/thoughts on life, the universe, and the human race.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:05 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by theedge
I have a new idea for a rennlist meet.

What wed need is a stage with a mic, then a bunch of tables that are lite with just little candles on them.

Then we stick Lart on the stage and tell him to pretend its rennlist, sticking a keyboard in front of him if need be.

Its the Rennlist Comedy Festival!
Brian, How dare you call me funny, you know well that I am dead serious about hybrids it's no a bad idea at all, I will have more power, added reliability and parts are way cheaper. The only thing that scares the crap out of me is the ***** shrinking disease, seriously.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lart951
Brian, How dare you call me funny, you know well that I am dead serious about hybrids it's no a bad idea at all, I will have more power, added reliability and parts are way cheaper. The only thing that scares the crap out of me is the ***** shrinking disease, seriously.
Im sorry, youre not funny at all. That was just the nitrous bottle I have by my desk making me laugh. Everyone once in a while I go to my dentist and say "Two of the big bottles, and I need them by tonight". ***** shrinking scares me too
Old 10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
aeronautica86
Three Wheelin'

the hybrid idea isn't a bad one, its hard to hate on an engine that can make over 400rwhp everyday with complete reliablity

personally I like both C4 vettes and 951s, and though looking more seriously for a 951, if the right c4 popped up somewhere near me, I'd probably buy it - I'm a big fan of the more high strung, peaky, smallish displacement turbo 4cyl in the porsche and also a big fan of the reliable, cheap, linear torque monster in the c4...so quite litterally if I want a V8, I'll buy a vette

That being said I think sbc conversions are great for giving new life to motorless 944s or those with blown motors
Old 10-21-2005, 02:27 PM
MAFA
Banned

Originally Posted by aeronautica86
the hybrid idea isn't a bad one, its hard to hate on an engine that can make over 400rwhp everyday with complete reliablity

personally I like both C4 vettes and 951s, and though looking more seriously for a 951, if the right c4 popped up somewhere near me, I'd probably buy it - I'm a big fan of the more high strung, peaky, smallish displacement turbo 4cyl in the porsche and also a big fan of the reliable, cheap, linear torque monster in the c4...so quite litterally if I want a V8, I'll buy a vette

That being said I think sbc conversions are great for giving new life to motorless 944s or those with blown motors
Right on brotha, C5 is the way to go. I also think swaps are a great idea for 924's and 944's n/a since they lack power. But the 951's just drop a vitesse stage III kit and you'll rock dude
Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Ryan in SD
Instructor

Dare I say LS2?????

Quick Reply: Should I buy this? Anyone know how to drop a vette engine in it?